Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kitchen Talk for November 13th

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:55 AM
  • 27 Replies

What is 1 thing you would change about your kitchen?

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:35 AM
The house i am renting now? Everything. For heavens sake the tried to grout in the laminate countertop. Its a mess. Functional but clearly done by people who had no idea what they were doing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
auroragold
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:43 AM

the size - it is miniscule

steffielou_who
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:51 AM
My laundry is in the kitchen.. I would have a laundry room built on!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eviesmommy
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:01 AM

I have to pick 1 thing? Cause there's a lot I'd change. More counter space, different cabinets, it needs a double sink, put in a dishwasher, hood over the stove, strip the super ugly wallpaper. We rent, so the only thing I can really change is the wall paper. (We've gotten the go ahead, I just need to find the time/energy to do it.) Better believe when we're ready to buy, my next kitchen is going to have all the things this one lacks. This one is functional for now. The price is right, the location is great, the school system is lovely, and our landlord is fantastic. So, I deal with what I don't like, and make a list of requirements for when we can afford what we want.

Amanda52007
by Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:34 AM
I actually LOVE my kitchen. It's huge, with a lot of cabinets and counters.

I would replace our table and chairs. We are missing a chair, and it's SO old. Lol But still in good shape so why get rid of it yet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smushy79
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I would like the granite counter tops to be sealed. Whoever installed these before we moved in did not take good care of them.

jaytee
by Jen on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:12 AM

I'd open it up.

angelyuna20
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:17 AM

my cabinets. the house we live in is old, the kitchen is one of the newer additions built on in 1937 (yeah its that old) and the people who built this house obviously didn't have proper tools cause everything looks thrown together and cheap and crooked. I'd love to just gut the whole kitchen but I know it wouldn't be worth it. There have been several occasions where I have seriously considering taking every thing of worth outside and just lighting this place on fire. and no I'm not crazy lol.

jen113000
by Jenna on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:17 AM

The floors. We want to rip out the old floors and put in new so badly!

Jacqalyn
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:17 AM
The color and the counter tops. I would say size but that's not possible without moving.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)