Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 5 year old missed the bus on purpose. Update pg 5 cant add on to op for mobile

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:26 AM
  • 52 Replies
We woke up with plenty oif time she got herself dressed while I get dressed then it was time to walk down to the bus so I give her her coat and shes playing around instead of putting it on. So I tell her stop playing your gonna miss the bus. She smiles at me and very slowly puts her coat on we leave the house and shes dragging her feat and throwing a fit about not wanting to walk to the bus stop so I tell her she better not miss the bus so what does she do she starts walking backwards before we even get to the end of the road I see her bus pull up and we still have a whole block to walk and cant make it in time (her bus driver will pull away once everyones on even if he sees someone running toi catch the bus) so I tell her lets turn around you missed the bus I have to drive you. what does she do? She yells yay!! What the heck do I do she has to understand she cant pull this crap her school is far and I dont have the gas for her to be doing this every day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sparkle_monkey
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Maybe something is happening on the bus? My daughters bus used to be awful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Make sure she's got her jacket, shoes and anything else she needs to wear, on before it's time to leave.  Even if she has to sit around for 10 minutes with everything on.  Then all she has to do is walk out to the bus stop when it's time.  Either that, or she goes as she is, whether it's no jacket, no shoes, no hat, in PJs or whatever.  She'll be cold, but she'll learn.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Angelanscalf89
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:32 AM
We used toi have problems on the bus about kids lying saying dd hit them (this was confirmed with the bus driver) but its been a couple months since then and no problems. Her bestfriends are on the bus and she knows if she misses the bus she cant get breakfast at school and has to eat at home. She likes riding the bus but for some reason lately she wants me to drive her because its cold. Its not even cold and its only going to get worse I have to stop this while I still can.

Quoting sparkle_monkey:

Maybe something is happening on the bus? My daughters bus used to be awful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcage
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like somethings going on on the bus. I'd ask her what's up. If it's nothing, then just put her coat and shoes on for her, take her by the hand, and drag her to the bus stop. Don't tolerate her games.

Angelanscalf89
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:35 AM
I do make her get ready ahead of time all except her coat because she tries toi leave the second her coats on although I can try it. The going in pjs if shes not ready sadly isnt allowed so I cant even tell her i will do it. She has a uniform to wear. :( but i could threaten to send her without her coat if shes taking to long.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Make sure she's got her jacket, shoes and anything else she needs to wear, on before it's time to leave.  Even if she has to sit around for 10 minutes with everything on.  Then all she has to do is walk out to the bus stop when it's time.  Either that, or she goes as she is, whether it's no jacket, no shoes, no hat, in PJs or whatever.  She'll be cold, but she'll learn.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelanscalf89
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Ive done that but she screams like shes getting beat or something.

Quoting steelcage:

Sounds like somethings going on on the bus. I'd ask her what's up. If it's nothing, then just put her coat and shoes on for her, take her by the hand, and drag her to the bus stop. Don't tolerate her games.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I would spank her and have her lose tv/game priviledges. She needs to do as she is told.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

SHE doesn't need to know it's not allowed.  You can actually use the uniform as an advantage.  Tell her that if she's not ready by the time the bus comes, she's going as is.  Everyone else will be in uniform and she won't be dressed properly.  The same goes with the coat.

As for getting the coat on early, just tell her that she needs to get it on earlier so she's ready.  Then give her something to do (draw, color, etc) until it's time to leave.  That way it keeps her occupied and she's ready to go.

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

I do make her get ready ahead of time all except her coat because she tries toi leave the second her coats on although I can try it. The going in pjs if shes not ready sadly isnt allowed so I cant even tell her i will do it. She has a uniform to wear. :( but i could threaten to send her without her coat if shes taking to long.

Quoting jillbailey26:

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Angelanscalf89
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:51 AM
ok thanks good idea

Quoting jillbailey26:

SHE doesn't need to know it's not allowed.  You can actually use the uniform as an advantage.  Tell her that if she's not ready by the time the bus comes, she's going as is.  Everyone else will be in uniform and she won't be dressed properly.  The same goes with the coat.

As for getting the coat on early, just tell her that she needs to get it on earlier so she's ready.  Then give her something to do (draw, color, etc) until it's time to leave.  That way it keeps her occupied and she's ready to go.

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

Quoting jillbailey26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelanscalf89
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:53 AM
She doesnt watch much tv and she doesnt play games but I did tell her next time it happens shes grounded unless Im working and its her dads fault (hes slept through the alarm before) her dad told me to spank her but Im trying not to spank anymore.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I would spank her and have her lose tv/game priviledges. She needs to do as she is told.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)