Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
If you drop you kids off at school do you walk them into their class or just drop them off in front? My son is my oldest and he is in kindergarten and I walk him into class everyday but I know he would be ok if I dropped him off in front. I see so many other parents but idk I feel like I should walk him in. But then I think it's just me holding on to him needing me for that when he doesn't really. Anyway I wanted to see what other moms on here did.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Replies (21-30):
ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:07 PM
I don't drop her off, but I wouldn't walk her to class every day. Our school wants the kids to go outside and play until they are called in by the bell. I think it's a good policy!
corrinacs
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:15 PM

My school doesn't even allow me to walk him to his classroom, so I have no idea LOL.  I just drop him off at the front.  They have a lot of teachers who are posted out side in the mornigns and afternoons, so the children are usually pretty well cared for :).

aj23
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Mine rides the bus but on the rare occasion I do drive him to school I walk him to the gym door .That's only because he has to cross the drop off line and the buses and cars use the same lane and I don't want to hold up the line in order to get him out of his seat and I don't want him walking between cars alone.

They open the main doors at 7:40 and school starts at 7:45 so if I were to walk him to class he wouldn't be able to eat breakfast at school and it would be a big rush to get him in there. I'd have to leave him at the door anyways so it's not worth the rush.

Steph925
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:36 PM
My kids ride the bus to and from school we are giving them that important step for independence. We still walk them to and from the bus stop cuz we just want them to be safe we have had several calls about stranger danger in our district
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aetrom
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:42 PM
I did the first week. Second week waited in the courtyard. Third drop him off. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babynurse244
by Beth on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Almost all the K kids are walked into class by their parents, the put their things away, then go outside for 10 mnutes of play while supervised by the teachers with ajn adult at the gate to make sure no one is hanging out or the kids don't leave.

jen7232
by New Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:11 PM

We are not really encouraged to walk them to class, but we can wait in line to sign in at the front office and do it. I usually walk mine to the front door of the school. The kindergarten has it's own wing. Occasionally I'll sign in and walk him back to his classroom but not usually.

MommieCotter42
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:15 PM

At our school parents are not allowed to enter the gate, So I drop her off at the gate and watch her walk to the wall the wait for the teacher to pick them up. The first week of school they allowed parents on campus so i followed her the next week I had a hard time but she was totally fine with it.

maass1981
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I just drop him off. 

MunchiesMom324
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:17 PM

My 4ker walks to the bus stop alone.... that makes me a bad mom, right?  Don't get me wrong, I can see him every step of the way, but I don't hold his hand walking down there.  On the days I take the kids to school, I just drop them off out front.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)