Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
If you drop you kids off at school do you walk them into their class or just drop them off in front? My son is my oldest and he is in kindergarten and I walk him into class everyday but I know he would be ok if I dropped him off in front. I see so many other parents but idk I feel like I should walk him in. But then I think it's just me holding on to him needing me for that when he doesn't really. Anyway I wanted to see what other moms on here did.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Replies (31-40):
Clei420
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Honey I wish. My DS insisted on riding the bus because he's a big boy now. He broke my heart.
Karen_S
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Our school has a policy that all kinderteners must be walked to the kinder classroom area.  If they get there a bit early, parents are allowed to leave them to play on the kinder playground (the before school care program teachers are there to watch the kids). 

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Mine typically took the bus. For the times I dropped him off after appointments, he walked to class alone
Tara922c
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:03 PM

We don't have the option of walking kindergartners to class at dd's school. All visitors must sign in at the front office, and the front off will not allow parents to sign in before the first bell to simply walk their children into class. Car riders are dropped off in the front of the school and a teacher walks the child into the school. My dd goes to morning care so I let her out of the car and watch her walk in. I can see through the door which is only 30 feet away, and I wait until she is with the teacher before I drive off. I walk her to the door if she needs me to, but that is rare. The only reason I can do that is because we arrive at school over an hour before the school accepts students.

Now, parents can walk kids to the front of the school, but they would have to park in the back of the school and walk to the front of the school to the same exact place their child would be dropped off if they simply opened their car door and said, "Good bye!"

lalasmama2007
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:06 PM

My DD's school has a drop off car line.  You aren't allowed to walk them into the building.

Tracys2
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I drop her off, but I'm totally cheating because my son walks with her, but they do have people the first weeks to walk them to their classes. By now, my daughter knows how to get everywhere in the school! (I think they still have a couple teachers in the hall to ensure nothing goes wrong)

My daughter usually takes the bus, so the first couple times I was a bit worried, since it's a different entrance

taz1993
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:39 PM
I walked dd to her class on the first day but she has insisted on riding the bus so we let her. We do have to drive her to the bus stop though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcage
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:57 PM

We walked DD in on the first day, reminded her wihere her class was (we had open house the night before and toured the school), and reminded her to get her breakfast in the cafeteria. After that, we dropped her off at the side of the school in the car-rider line. She goes from there into the gym, and waits for the bell, then she gets her breakfast, pays for it, and walks to her class to eat. Then she gets in the correct busline at the end of the day to get on her daycare bus. 

He doesn't need you, he can do it on his own.

militarywife09
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:57 PM
We drop her off. She's a big girl. Lol
LucyHarper
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:58 PM
He takes the bus to school, but on the occasions that I do drop him off, I drop him off in front. Parents aren't allowed to walk kids to class at their school.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN