Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
If you drop you kids off at school do you walk them into their class or just drop them off in front? My son is my oldest and he is in kindergarten and I walk him into class everyday but I know he would be ok if I dropped him off in front. I see so many other parents but idk I feel like I should walk him in. But then I think it's just me holding on to him needing me for that when he doesn't really. Anyway I wanted to see what other moms on here did.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Replies (41-50):
nickellmomof2
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:59 PM

DD is in 2nd grade now, but I always just dropped her off and she walked to her class, the very first day of Kinder was the only time I walked her to her class.

PurplePieguy
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:31 PM

My kids rode the bus in K, but if for whatever reason the missed the bus I'd drop them off in the bus/car pick up/drop off. 

uriahadel
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:32 PM
My child was in kindergarten last year and I walked her into class everyday, and this year she is homeschooled
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IAMmomtotrips
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:03 AM
My girls school doesn't allow it after the first two weeks, unless we are bringing in big stuff for the class...after the 3rd day of school, they said they didn't want me walking them in and they've never had a problem at all!
smcclure2005
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:10 AM

I walk mine to class on the first day only until they start 6th grade...if you think he will be fine if you just dropped him off then I would say let him try it, it may give him the feeling of being responsible a little bit and feeling more like a big boy. But it is your son and it is always hard to let them go...I have one graduating this year one in 4th and one in Per-K which is a regular school day just like kindergarten...Mon-Fri...so it is hard no matter how much they grow they will always be our babies. Good Luck

kaylasmom22
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:12 AM
Same thing for dd's school.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Our school discourages parents walking their kids to class.  It clutters up the hallways because a LOT of parents want to do it.  There's a parent pick up/drop off line.  For the Kindergartners, at the beginning of the year, parents pin a paper to their shirt letting others know who their teachers are.  If they get lost, other teachers, staff or even older kids pitch in to walk them to class.  

In our school, they also have open house before school begins for the year.  The kids meet their teacher, and with mine I always walk the route with them from where their being dropped off.  

Jennyanne322
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:16 AM
Have only dropped him off twice, but we aren't allowed in the building. We drop him off outside and you can walk him to the door. Normally the vice principle is outside greeting the children.
ashleyrenee24
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:17 AM

DD rides the bus.

MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:19 AM
I walk my son in and help him get ready every single morning and if I can't be there DH does it.
MammaPaparazza
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:22 AM
My dd takes the bus, and the school won't let us walk them to class anyway. We were allowed the first day, and after that my dd didn't want us to drive her, she's been waiting to ride the big brother for four long years lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)