Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you drop you kids off at school do you walk them into their class or just drop them off in front? My son is my oldest and he is in kindergarten and I walk him into class everyday but I know he would be ok if I dropped him off in front. I see so many other parents but idk I feel like I should walk him in. But then I think it's just me holding on to him needing me for that when he doesn't really. Anyway I wanted to see what other moms on here did.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Replies (61-65):
harream
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:02 AM

I walked in with my daughter for awhile the first month but then she started wanting to do it herself and my nephew also wanted to so we park at the side door so they don't have as far to go and they walk in together. There are some days when she asks me to walk her in so I do but its nice to not have to get my other two kids out of the car all the time. It was hard at first cause I was like "she's not old enough to be that independent :-(" but I guess she is ;-)

mommynightowl
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:51 AM
We aren't allowed to walk them in. Even if they are eating breakfast at school everyone goes through the same door. There are teachers assistants and electives (pe coach, music teacher etc) all over the inside of the school to help kids if they somehow get lost or are just taking their time to get to class.
minimoo
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:02 PM
My youngest is a kindy this year :-) Sometimes he walks in w his older sisters; when I'm volunteering in the school, I will walk him to class. It's hard BC he's my baby. My oldest, they had them line up outside w the teacher. My middle, I usually walked her inside (she arrived in the middle of the day right after her brother, who I had to sign in for preschool, so we'd sign him in then wait with her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamawolf1103
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Our school encourages you to let them walk in on their own. They are very big on promoting independence and doing things for themselves. That being said, I usually walk her to the front door of the school and say goodbye and let her go from there. That way I know she is in and has been seen by the door person.

Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I trade off with another Mama. She just drops them off. My 5 year old told me the other day. She loves that I walk them in. I always walk them in, unless for some reason there is somewhere I have to be and soon after I drop them off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)