Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

i'm so mad!

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:30 AM
  • 45 Replies

i f***ing HATE my kids' school! I hate it! ever since my son started pre-k i've had nothing but issues with that place. ok maybe not pre-k but definitely kindergarten. here i'll explain. Pre-k: everything is good, he did great the teacher was a little snooty but other than that we had no problems. Kindergarten: OMFG his teacher was satan incarnate. I hated this women to the point where she and everyone else knew my feelings. why you ask? because when a five year old says something about his bookbag being dumb thats a normal kid thing, right? well oh no, she went ahead and said she was going to put soap in his mouth. he told me of course so i told her "um no you wont and please dont threaten my son, it wont be pretty." fast forward a few weeks i get told by my son that she threatened to tie him to his chair. does this woman want to lose her job? again i went in and said if she doesnt cut the crap i will have her job. a few weeks later? yeah he came home and his arm was red. this you-know-what grabbed his arm so hard it left a red mark. i flipped out and went to the school and darn near got arrested because i was going to break her arm. fast forward to first grade, no complaints, his teacher was a saint and i still let her know that she is the best teacher by far at the school, we just loved her. 2nd grade his teacher is a pompous toad. because i had him at 18 she assumed that i didnt have an education, i simply let her know that i graduated high school with honors and in the top ten of my class and was accepted into Niagara University when I was only in tenth grade, lets not go there. she was constantly talking down to all the parents and the kids hated her. my breaking point was as we were walking towards the car, my son picked up something that fell in the snow this woman grabbed his arm so hard that it actually yanked me back...and im a big girl! (not fat, but tall and chubby lol) i was floored! she had my kids arm in a death grip! so what did i do? i asked her if she liked her arm, because if she didnt let go of my son i was going to take it home with me. smh. now we are in 3rd grade...yay us. no problems thus far with teacher until this morning when my son was putting on this diabolical belt that even i have a hard time fastening i said "why dont you put on a different one, what if you have to use the bathroom?" he said "no, im not allowed to use the bathroom at all anyways" excuse me? what? huh? oh no, we dont do that. hubby even looked appalled. kids can exaggerate so i said im sure you can, he said no. so i told him i dont care what your teacher tells you if you really have to go, if it is an emergency and she is still telling you no, you get your butt up and who cares what she says and get to the bathroom. You are not going to get sick because she doesnt want to let you use the bathroom. i freaking hate this school. thankfully we are looking at houses soon and i am trying to move way out of district so they dont even have to go to the high school thats connected with the little asylum they call Maple Avenue Elementary school. it brings out the worst in me. i am such a laid back person and this institution makes me want to lash out and beat the crap out of someone. ugh! ok i need more coffee and i just needed to get that off my chest. dumbass school. i should add that when he gets homework i am the one teaching him how to do it since he is completely clueless, it's almost as if the teacher isnt doing her job

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Is homeschooling an option untill you move. Oh my.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mary841108
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:38 AM

in our states county unfortunately no it is not. it is but since we are trying to buy a house we cant swing the cost of it now.

Quoting snowangel1979:

Is homeschooling an option untill you move. Oh my.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:39 AM
3 moms liked this

I suspect there is  A LOT more to the story and much of it would not coincide with your version of things. Having said this, find a different educational option.  Don't be surprised, however, if the outcome is the same.

HunternChase
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Ugh.. Sorry!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:43 AM
2 moms liked this

While some of the teachers you've come across are wrong (Like the K teacher), I think your reactions are a little over the top.  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

mary841108
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:56 AM

no over the top is when i slap the you know what out of a teacher. that kindergarten teacher was just plain evil (i did manage to get her fired though, i couldnt see someone else's kids being put thru that.) 1st grade loved her <3, 2nd grade, you want to grab my kids arm that hard, i will grab yours right back and i was right there so it wasnt an over reaction, what gave her the right to touch my kid? and how are you going to tell a kid that cant use the bathroom at all, which would explain why when we get home he runs straight for the bathroom and is in there for the longest time. everyone pees and if you're going to tell a kid he cant go and he gets an infection because of that, mama mary is going to be all over you. thankfully im not the only one with issues with the school. at the last pta meeting about 50 or so parents voiced that the teachers were awful and we are planning on going to the district with our concerns and hopefully getting REAL teachers that are considerate and kind. these are elem. kids grades pre k thru 6th and 90% of them already hate school because of the people they have working for them.

jillbailey26
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:01 AM
3 moms liked this

You threatened to rip a woman's arm out of her socket and take it home with you.  I'd say that's a little over the top.  It sounds like she grabbed him because he fell, possibly to help you.

I would ask about the bathroom thing before you jump to conclusions.  They're not allowed to tell the kids they can't use the bathroom at all.  

As I said, I'm not saying that they're not wrong, but you could also be a little nicer.

Quoting mary841108:

no over the top is when i slap the you know what out of a teacher. that kindergarten teacher was just plain evil (i did manage to get her fired though, i couldnt see someone else's kids being put thru that.) 1st grade loved her <3, 2nd grade, you want to grab my kids arm that hard, i will grab yours right back and i was right there so it wasnt an over reaction, what gave her the right to touch my kid? and how are you going to tell a kid that cant use the bathroom at all, which would explain why when we get home he runs straight for the bathroom and is in there for the longest time. everyone pees and if you're going to tell a kid he cant go and he gets an infection because of that, mama mary is going to be all over you. thankfully im not the only one with issues with the school. at the last pta meeting about 50 or so parents voiced that the teachers were awful and we are planning on going to the district with our concerns and hopefully getting REAL teachers that are considerate and kind. these are elem. kids grades pre k thru 6th and 90% of them already hate school because of the people they have working for them.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

VeronicaTex
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:04 AM
5 moms liked this

Former teacher here:

I also highly suspect there is a great deal you are omitting from this story for attention-gaining reasons for yourself.

In all fairness to the teacher, as usual in this type of ranting, venting post, I would love to hear her side of it.  She is not here to defend herself.

I do not have much sympathy for a Mother who has to use foul language in an arrogant tone of voice to get her point across.

It is very telling about you.

Veronica

mary841108
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:08 AM

actually he went to pick up a pencil out of the snowand swooped in like a bat out of hell grabbed his arm and said we dont do snowballs! so no. i am a very nice person, until it comes to my kids then its all bets off.

Quoting jillbailey26:

You threatened to rip a woman's arm out of her socket and take it home with you.  I'd say that's a little over the top.  It sounds like she grabbed him because he fell, possibly to help you.

I would ask about the bathroom thing before you jump to conclusions.  They're not allowed to tell the kids they can't use the bathroom at all.  

As I said, I'm not saying that they're not wrong, but you could also be a little nicer.

Quoting mary841108:

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:10 AM
2 moms liked this

You may be nice, but your post suggests that you are VERY immature and not very educated.  Your rant seems very emotionally charged and not very rational.  If you react in public the way you have written, it's no wonder there is conflict.

Quoting mary841108:

actually he went to pick up a pencil out of the snowand swooped in like a bat out of hell grabbed his arm and said we dont do snowballs! so no. i am a very nice person, until it comes to my kids then its all bets off.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting mary841108:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)