Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

i f***ing HATE my kids' school! I hate it! ever since my son started pre-k i've had nothing but issues with that place. ok maybe not pre-k but definitely kindergarten. here i'll explain. Pre-k: everything is good, he did great the teacher was a little snooty but other than that we had no problems. Kindergarten: OMFG his teacher was satan incarnate. I hated this women to the point where she and everyone else knew my feelings. why you ask? because when a five year old says something about his bookbag being dumb thats a normal kid thing, right? well oh no, she went ahead and said she was going to put soap in his mouth. he told me of course so i told her "um no you wont and please dont threaten my son, it wont be pretty." fast forward a few weeks i get told by my son that she threatened to tie him to his chair. does this woman want to lose her job? again i went in and said if she doesnt cut the crap i will have her job. a few weeks later? yeah he came home and his arm was red. this you-know-what grabbed his arm so hard it left a red mark. i flipped out and went to the school and darn near got arrested because i was going to break her arm. fast forward to first grade, no complaints, his teacher was a saint and i still let her know that she is the best teacher by far at the school, we just loved her. 2nd grade his teacher is a pompous toad. because i had him at 18 she assumed that i didnt have an education, i simply let her know that i graduated high school with honors and in the top ten of my class and was accepted into Niagara University when I was only in tenth grade, lets not go there. she was constantly talking down to all the parents and the kids hated her. my breaking point was as we were walking towards the car, my son picked up something that fell in the snow this woman grabbed his arm so hard that it actually yanked me back...and im a big girl! (not fat, but tall and chubby lol) i was floored! she had my kids arm in a death grip! so what did i do? i asked her if she liked her arm, because if she didnt let go of my son i was going to take it home with me. smh. now we are in 3rd grade...yay us. no problems thus far with teacher until this morning when my son was putting on this diabolical belt that even i have a hard time fastening i said "why dont you put on a different one, what if you have to use the bathroom?" he said "no, im not allowed to use the bathroom at all anyways" excuse me? what? huh? oh no, we dont do that. hubby even looked appalled. kids can exaggerate so i said im sure you can, he said no. so i told him i dont care what your teacher tells you if you really have to go, if it is an emergency and she is still telling you no, you get your butt up and who cares what she says and get to the bathroom. You are not going to get sick because she doesnt want to let you use the bathroom. i freaking hate this school. thankfully we are looking at houses soon and i am trying to move way out of district so they dont even have to go to the high school thats connected with the little asylum they call Maple Avenue Elementary school. it brings out the worst in me. i am such a laid back person and this institution makes me want to lash out and beat the crap out of someone. ugh! ok i need more coffee and i just needed to get that off my chest. dumbass school. i should add that when he gets homework i am the one teaching him how to do it since he is completely clueless, it's almost as if the teacher isnt doing her job

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Replies (41-45):
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:24 AM
3 moms liked this

I know this won't be a very popular response to this thread. I don't care.

I would have reacted the same way. A teacher isn't anyone special. They are human just like the rest of us. They put their pants on one leg at a time as well. You threaten my child? I'll be seeing you. You won't be liking that visit either. I would press charges so fast the teacher wouldn't know what hit them as they fall to the floor looking for another job. 

I'm a really nice person to everyone. Until you prove to me that being nice and professional isn't getting across to you. Then I'm momma bear. 

You don't go and harm my child and expect me to not react to it. 

All of those points on this thread, pissed me off. There is no way that a teacher should be treating a child like that. No way I would permit it. 

I hope you can move really soon. I'm sorry that you and your children have had to go through this. 

I don't know much about the school my son will be going to yet. He's in prek right now, and doing wonderfully. I love his teacher and therapists. As far as I can tell about the school he will be going to though, all the kids seem to really enjoy going. I know the jr high and high school kids are nice. At least most of them. All the ones that drive are pretty cool. Not to many adults will wait for people to cross the road and then turn onto that road... All the ones here do. They talk to me and my son, and DH. My DS's teacher keeps communication open with me. She lets me know when he does really well and also lets me know when something happened that isn't so good. She also tells me how she handled each situation as well. So far I wouldn't change a thing about how she handles anything. She is really good with my son. Of course his classroom is only 6 kids including my son. I know that will change. Hopefully by the time it changes, though, he will be ready to deal with that many kids in one room. 

OP... Your feelings are totally okay. No one has the right to tell you that you have no right to feel as you do about the things that happened to your son. Did you over react? In my opinion, no you didn't. 

Did this post ask for any advice on how things were handled? No. You were venting. No questions here. All this post was for was to get something off of your chest. NO one needed to reply at all. 
If you have nothing nice to say, it's usually better to keep your mouth shut. Especially on a vent post.

OP, I hope things go better for you very soon.

Blessed be. 

mary841108
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:48 AM

lol yes we are from nf, ny and we are looking at houses on the island, we heard wonderful things about the schools there.

Quoting WesternNYmom:

Yikes. I am sorry.  Are you from Niagara Falls, NY by any chance?  I had to ask, because I read in your post that you went to Niagara University, and then you mentioned Maple Ave Elementary.  Sorry to get off the subject. I am from Grand Island.  I have a son in Kindergarten and my  daughter is in 3rd grade.  We have a decent school district up here and the Middle school and High school are near the top of the list of the best schools in Erie County.  Check it out.  If you want to chat feel free to pm me. Good luck.

Hectictracy
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:31 AM
2 moms liked this
If anybody treated my kids like that, we would have a big problem. I went to the principal the other day because a teacher was in my 7 year old dd face yelling at her. I don't treat my kids like that, and a teacher will not. I was not very happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck with the house hunting.  I have been here for 7 years and love living in this town. Dh grew up here.  My kids love their schools and their teachers. In fact ds got upset when I had to keep him home from school when he had the stomach flu a few weeks ago. He wanted to go to school.

Quoting mary841108:

lol yes we are from nf, ny and we are looking at houses on the island, we heard wonderful things about the schools there.

Quoting WesternNYmom:

Yikes. I am sorry.  Are you from Niagara Falls, NY by any chance?  I had to ask, because I read in your post that you went to Niagara University, and then you mentioned Maple Ave Elementary.  Sorry to get off the subject. I am from Grand Island.  I have a son in Kindergarten and my  daughter is in 3rd grade.  We have a decent school district up here and the Middle school and High school are near the top of the list of the best schools in Erie County.  Check it out.  If you want to chat feel free to pm me. Good luck.

PinkButterfly66
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I would be down in the principal's office every damn time!  They THINK they can push you around because you're young and won't do anything.  As far as the bathroom thing?  I would go to the principal and demand a meeting with that psycho teacher and tell her to her face that if you EVER hear from your son that he was denied a bathroom break you WILL be calling your lawyer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN