Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

books! for christmas!

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM
  • 18 Replies

ahh! i just went to the scholastic site for christmas shopping, yes i buy books for christmas lol i love to read! ok so if you have little harry potter fans like i do they have the entire 1-7 set in paperback for $50 or the hard cover set (that i am getting) for $115. also the entire set of Junie B. Jones is $60. thought I'd share since those are great prices plus you get one free book when you order online (cant beat that) i think in a few years i may just get them a kindle because my shelves are overflowing

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:25 AM

My mom gave me her old nook but i still prefer paper books LOL.  We bought dd the series Pinkalicious last month so not sure what if any to get for christmas.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM
I buy books for Christmas to. I think I will get the Harry Potter set. Thank you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mary841108
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:29 AM

i have the kindle but there is something missing when you use it lol. i love actual books better than the kindle buti cant complain

Quoting frndlyfn:

My mom gave me her old nook but i still prefer paper books LOL.  We bought dd the series Pinkalicious last month so not sure what if any to get for christmas.

2girlsYES
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:29 AM
My 6 & 4 year old DDs love pinkalicious -- they have all the books :)

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mary841108
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:30 AM

you're welcome! you cant beat the prices on that. for my free book i picked the fairy tale book that was mentioned in the 7th movie, the tales of beedle and bard. (i want to read that one lol)

Quoting diaperstodating:

I buy books for Christmas to. I think I will get the Harry Potter set. Thank you.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM

The nook has been nice to download the free storie and some free flash cards for dd to practice with.

Quoting mary841108:

i have the kindle but there is something missing when you use it lol. i love actual books better than the kindle buti cant complain

Quoting frndlyfn:

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

If you homeschool you can sign up as a teacher and get even better deals!

I have 2 free $5 books every month this year.  I also have a $15 off coupon for this month.  And I have enough points saved up to order another free book!

I love scholastic.  I should so place an order soon :)  Thanks for the reminder.

sunflowers12
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM

good 

JonesMama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Awesome. I already have a few books for ds for Christmas. I also plan on attending the scholastic warehouse sale here in December. I signed up to work at it as well, I've heard you can earn credit to spend there. woohoo!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN