Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Isn't this a little too young to know about this kind of stuff??????

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:24 AM
  • 58 Replies

My daughter will be 7 in a few weeks and in the 1st grade. She told me a couple of weeks ago that a boy in her class told her that he wanted to have sex with her. I was livid, went and talked to teacher and she talked to the class and to the boys parents (the mom said he got that from his dad, WHAT???) and then I took her to a bday party yesturday and when we got home she said that the girls were talking about weenies and nuts! Okay, it was all girls????? The bday girl has a 13 year old sister that was there so I am assuming she started it. This is all freaking me out! Anybody else having similair situations? Do I need to go ahead and have a talk with her about the birds & bees?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a06z08mama
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:27 AM
My DD knows about those things. But just for peeing. Her younger brother is always saying oh my nuts.

Maybe not the full fledged birds and bees talk. Maybe explain that sex as something that moms and dads do or something. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Yup- it's pretty common knowledge in public schools. At least here. the parents in our area don't monitor what their kids watch and hear so the kids repeat what they learn with their friends.

My oldest learned the N word from kids on the bus.. it's pretty funny now... but when it happened I was floored...LOL he was in 3rd grade and we were at a family birthday party (we are all white with a few hispanics in the family) well, one of the friends that came ot the birthday was a little african-american boy  the same age as my red-headed, white boy DS... and Ds walks up to him and says, "Yo my nigger! Wassup?" with the perfect tone and inflection of a ghetto rat... I was like OMG WHAT DID YOU SAY? He thought that that was the PROPER way to address a black FRIEND because that's how the black kids on the bus addressed eachother every morning! Well, he sure got it right and we had to have a long talk about hte N word and differences in how it is used by different groups.

EslingerCrew11
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:37 AM
My girls both told me their version of sex in kinder :/ basically kissing with your shirt off or while laying down. They have also known about penises since the get go since we use real names.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SwtSnowflake2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:28 AM
My kids know about their privates. We use the real names or just say private parts. They know they have different parts and don't ask questions yet. My kids don't know about sex yet. I would have the talk on their level if they were in situations where kids are bringing the subjects up. I want my kids to learn from me and not from friends.
-Kney-
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:58 PM

my son is 6 and he knows about his privates and how girls have different parents he knows the names but knows to use different words he really don't care about girls parts

I'm having another son next Monday and I have talked to him about how some kids are born from their moms vagina's but him and his brother are born from my stomach so he knows all about that but he has not brought up about sex or how babies are made so I dont think I will talk to him about it till he asks or when he gets about 9 or 10 then I will be talking to him a lot about sex and safe sex.

I had my oldest at 16 so I am gonna do everything I can to prevent him from becoming a teen dad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud mommy to a happy and healthy 6 year old boy plus I have another little boy on the way.. who is madly in love with her soldier.

Bentley Aaron will make his way in this world November 26, 2012 by a repeat c-section :)

DDDaysh
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh, the moments of motherhood that make you want to die! 

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Yup- it's pretty common knowledge in public schools. At least here. the parents in our area don't monitor what their kids watch and hear so the kids repeat what they learn with their friends.

My oldest learned the N word from kids on the bus.. it's pretty funny now... but when it happened I was floored...LOL he was in 3rd grade and we were at a family birthday party (we are all white with a few hispanics in the family) well, one of the friends that came ot the birthday was a little african-american boy  the same age as my red-headed, white boy DS... and Ds walks up to him and says, "Yo my nigger! Wassup?" with the perfect tone and inflection of a ghetto rat... I was like OMG WHAT DID YOU SAY? He thought that that was the PROPER way to address a black FRIEND because that's how the black kids on the bus addressed eachother every morning! Well, he sure got it right and we had to have a long talk about hte N word and differences in how it is used by different groups.

GotSomeKids
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I was shocked just this weekend my 9 year old daughter was talking about people pooping on each other.  When I pressed her about where she knew that from (she isn't getting it from home), she told me her friend told her about something on YouTube.  When I pressed her even more, I figured out it was a YouTube video that when viral years ago, about weird "sexual" things.

I told her, if her family lets her watch videos like that, its their business, but that she is not to watch those kinds of videos. 

Meanwhile, the local district teachers the "health class" in 5th grade.  I'm sure some of those 5th graders are telling the younger kids.

bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:17 PM

We had this trouble last year in 1st grade, we had a meeting with his teacher and mom, and had no trouble after that..

SAHM0608
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:05 PM

My 6 yr old son knows boys and girls have different parts but not about what all they are for. He just knows I buy "girl stuff" ( pads/ tampons) but hasn't asked what it's for just knows its for girls and I don't think he cares too much right now. I was however a little caught off guard when I was about 8 mo prego with my dd and he asked when the baby was going to come out from between my legs! We had a talk about babies being born but not about the baby making..... He knows if two people love each other and are married god can bless them w a baby. Kids know what too much way too early anymore

rhoopes
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I personally think that it is a little young to know about that.  I have been getting a lot of questions about why boys are different from girls. I have a 3 year old and of course she has seen me change his diaper, so she wants to know why boys parts look different than girl parts. She also been asking me why I wear a pad every month and why I shave my legs.

So I think a puberty talk would be good, then leave the sex part for when she gets a little older. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)