Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do you take off work on your birthday?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:24 AM
  • 57 Replies
Do you take the day off (yes even you stay at home moms) on your birthday?

Do you let your children take off from school on his/her birthday?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I'm a SAHM and now that the kids are in school, I can technically say "yes" LOL.  At least until they get home, then it's business as usual.  No, they don't take off for theirs.  One of mine is in June, so he gets it off anyway.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

diaperstodating
by Angel on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Yes I do. Even if all I did was sleep in I would still take off on my birthday.

Yes my kids can stay home from school. It doesn't actually happen with my older 2, they have summer birthdays. My second son missed the first day of school once, on his birthday. The one day school was open on his birthday was 5th grade. He had to go that day to practice for the Graduation that evening.

My second grader and I always go out to lunch on his birthday, and he misses the school day. My youngest is in Pre K so this will be his first year that he will be off on his birthday, or I might wait until next year.
SwtSnowflake2
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Yes if I'm working a job that is open on my bday. My bday is a holiday. I'm a SAHM right now. My DS bday is in the summer so no school. DD bday I have her go to school.
Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Nope and nope, work and school are very important. In my opinion what kind of work ethic am I instilling in them. 

natesmom1228
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:06 PM

No I don't take the day off for my birthday. My sons birthday is Dec 28th so they are always on school vacation.

LanasMommy0504
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:09 PM
I do as little as possible on my birthday. We always go out to dinner so I don't have to cook. DD loves to go to school on her birthday. Last school year was the first time she was able to do so. She loves getting to share a special treat with all of her classmates. Field day was also on her birthday so there's no way she would've missed that. Lol. DS is 3 so we haven't gotten there with him yet but I'm sure he'll be the same way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gracie0221
by Gracie on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:19 PM

When I was working, I did. I'm a sahm now, I still do the usual stuff at home, but I do take the night off from cooking and we go out to dinner. my dd does not take the day off from school, but her birthday is during a certain week they have no school

jen113000
by Jenna on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:24 PM
No I don't take off and my boys don't either.
LucyHarper
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:24 PM

No and no.

CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I've taken the day off before--just depends.  School is usually not in session for DD's birthday so it is a non-issue.  DS would not miss school for any reason.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)