Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Hand held games

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:19 PM
  • 12 Replies
For a 6 year old. Which should I buy? Mobigo explorer innotab other ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LanasMommy0504
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:53 PM
My 6 year old has a 3DS. She outgrew the Leapster products.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen113000
by Jenna on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
3ds here too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

other - 3ds XL.  Your child will be able to play with it into for yrs and yrs and not lose interest. It is worth it. And the kids can play ds download with their friends. DS download allows multiple players to play the same game at the same time, for instance, my older dd has a Mario Party cartridge in her Dsi, then my youngest daughter can ds download the game and both girls can play the same game together.  

It also has a camera and you can use an SD card for music. My kids love to take pics and morph the pics. And there is pictochat so they can chat back and forth.

Much more fun than those LeapFrog etc products.

There are also educational games on DS to play. My dds really like the Brain Age games.  But they also use websites like Xtramath, RazKids, 10 Marks etc on my laptop for educational games. For Xmas this yr they are getting Ipo touches, so they will be able to access those websites on the itouch. 

JonesMama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. Ds is 7 and loves his 3DS that he got last Christmas. He wants the 3ds xl, but there's no reason to replace his regular 3ds, so it's not happening now.

He is also getting the ipod touch for Christmas this year.

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

other - 3ds XL.  Your child will be able to play with it into for yrs and yrs and not lose interest. It is worth it. And the kids can play ds download with their friends. DS download allows multiple players to play the same game at the same time, for instance, my older dd has a Mario Party cartridge in her Dsi, then my youngest daughter can ds download the game and both girls can play the same game together.  

It also has a camera and you can use an SD card for music. My kids love to take pics and morph the pics. And there is pictochat so they can chat back and forth.

Much more fun than those LeapFrog etc products.

There are also educational games on DS to play. My dds really like the Brain Age games.  But they also use websites like Xtramath, RazKids, 10 Marks etc on my laptop for educational games. For Xmas this yr they are getting Ipo touches, so they will be able to access those websites on the itouch. 

LuvinMyBoy81
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:08 PM
3ds here too. My DS got it for Christmas last year and has not put it down.
starsis68
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:12 PM
I got my A 6year old a dsl3. She been wanting. One a long time a lot of. Kids has them her age. I need to get here some games to go with it not shore what to get
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM
I also think you should but a 3DS.
Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:10 PM
We're getting our 7yo a tablet. Im not sure wich one, something 8g wiyh Android icecream sandwich.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Nabi :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lydlou02
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:07 AM
I really like how that tablet looks, and ir does run on Android ice cream sandwich, but according to reviews it has it's own app market and doesn't connect to the google play store.
So unless your not worried about them outgrowing it, or you know how to jail break it, id avoid this one. But that's just me.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Nabi :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)