Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

10 Shocking Confessions About Motherhood - So ... how ARE you?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:07 PM
  • 11 Replies

10 Shocking Confessions About Motherhood

Posted by Jill Smokler on November 19, 2012 

When was the last time someone asked, "How are you?" I'm guessing it was pretty recently. Yesterday? Today? I'm also guessing that you responded with a "fine" or "good" or, at the most honest, an "OK." Am I right? What if you answered honestly ... what would you say? Would your response echo any of these Scary Mommy Confessions?

1. In the shopping centre today, I nearly dropped my 6-year-old at the lost children point and pretended he wasn't mine. I know how bad that sounds, but his attitude was THAT BAD. And I am THAT TIRED.

2. I wish parenting came with an instruction manual. That's why I sometimes would rather be at work because I already know what's expected of me.

3. I stopped really enjoying motherhood when my kids were around 3. Now, I’m just counting down to the day I become a grandmother.

4. I feel like I got sold a bill of goods with all the talk about how much fun parenting is. Um, compared to what, a root canal? Most days it isn't fun at all. It's a pain in the ass.

5. I bought a bottle of vodka last week at the store. This week I bought three. The clerk remembered me. I shrugged and said, "One for each kid."

6. Having a teenager in the house has been detrimental to my self-esteem. Sometimes, I want to treat her exactly the way she treats me, but that would be child abuse.

7. I fear that in contrast to over involved, hyper anxious helicopter moms, I am a submarine mom. Half the time I'm like, "Has anyone seen DS?"

8. I used to live for weekends. Now, as a stay-at-home mom, I live for them to be over. Get out of my house, people!!!

9. I came home to a beautifully clean house, dishes done, laundry folded and put away, dinner cooked, baby in PJs and bathed. My husband was there with a dozen roses and a bottle of wine ... then I woke up.

10. The real prep for motherhood was the dump I took on the delivery table with my first DD. Haven't gone to the bathroom without an audience since.

So ... how ARE you?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
acrogodess
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:10 PM
LMAO. I think compared to these stories, I really am ok. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Quoting acrogodess:

Right?  I have my moments of frustrations but I don't feel like these women do.  hahaha.

StarryRain
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:12 PM
BAH hahahaha
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Heck, I've started spending MORE time with my kids now that they are 11 & 9, with homeschooling and activities. Lol

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting acrogodess:

Right?  I have my moments of frustrations but I don't feel like these women do.  hahaha.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen2150
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I am great.  I homeschool my two boys and I couldn't be happier.  They are 8 and 10.  I am also working on getting my black belt in Karate as well.  I think as moms we need balance.  We need things that make us happy and ways to reduce the stress in our lives.  I have been a SAHM for 10 years and every year I learn how to be a better person.   It is a lot of hard work being a Mom.  It is worth every hardship.

ruby_jewel_04
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:33 AM
I really am fine. I love all of my kids. Yes, we have a few challenging days, just like every family. But I'm happy. These women, maybe shouldn't have had kids. It kind of scares me they hate it so much, and are raising kids...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SeanandNoahsmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I have to agree

Quoting acrogodess:

Dawn
babygirl4326
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Bump, I feel like ALOT of these!!  :/

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

#10 hits awfully close to home : )

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Some of these seem to run a little deeper than just your typical frustration. Wow!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)