Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

??QOTD?? 11/21/12

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:28 AM
  • 16 Replies

When was the last time you did something nice for someone else outside of your family? What was it?

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:55 AM

Last week I bought the 2 women I work with a soda for no reason.

my4littlegirls
by and 1 boy on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Last week a house burned 2 doors down from us. I gave the lady that lived there $120 in gift certificates for her and her 2 sons to replace things they may have lost and needed to replace.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I just donated a bunch of blankets and clothing to a family in a town not far from me, that lost everything in a fire. Wish I was able to have done more.

angelyuna20
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Me and SO were out with some friends the other night and saw a girl we knew sitting by herself. We got her to hang out with us for the rest of the night. Found out that since she got divorced she hasn't had many friends, so now we have plans for a girls day or night.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Hahaha...this is funny....

Had my boy scouts out camping this weekend...and a middle school class was camping. Well a lady (mid~20s cute girly lil lady) with two giggly 7th grade girls pull into. The spot aacross from us...

We are watching as they are staring at the tent they brought and have NO CLUE what they were doing...(minor giggles in our camp) ...so we sent our 4 most experienced Scouts..the two Senior Patrol Leaders and their buddies from my troop and my friend's troop who were camping together to go help. They had the tent up for them in a few minutes :)

Then the boys invited them to share our campfire and got hot cocoa for them, leaders shared our hot blueberry cobbler with the MOm...we had a nice evening together.

They hadn't brought anything tokeep warm or make warm drinks, etc. They were NOT prepared AT ALL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaytee
by Jen on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Aww. So nice! I'm sure they were very grateful! I love camping but my DH is always with me. He knows what he's doing! I would be lost when it came to getting the tent up if it wasn't for his instruction, lol!

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Hahaha...this is funny....

Had my boy scouts out camping this weekend...and a middle school class was camping. Well a lady (mid~20s cute girly lil lady) with two giggly 7th grade girls pull into. The spot aacross from us...

We are watching as they are staring at the tent they brought and have NO CLUE what they were doing...(minor giggles in our camp) ...so we sent our 4 most experienced Scouts..the two Senior Patrol Leaders and their buddies from my troop and my friend's troop who were camping together to go help. They had the tent up for them in a few minutes :)

Then the boys invited them to share our campfire and got hot cocoa for them, leaders shared our hot blueberry cobbler with the MOm...we had a nice evening together.

They hadn't brought anything tokeep warm or make warm drinks, etc. They were NOT prepared AT ALL.

jaytee
by Jen on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Let's see...I sent you flowers :-) That was a long time ago...I know I've done other nice things, I just can't think, lol!

ninamsi
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I purchased candy for candy dish at the receptionist area.  I always give out stickers to some of the kids that attend the day care program at my job (I also purchase them, without being reimbursed).

rebekahmuse
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I let the lady with her very sick son go in our time slot at the doctors office. Honestly I was floored that the other two people that were before me didn't offer the same. The boy was sobbing he was feeling so bad. He obviously had the flu or something. I felt so bad for the kid.

Hafsa1
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:05 PM
my neighbors car battery died and I gave her a jump last week. We never talked before but I had pulled in as she was waiting for someone to come along. If the car didn't start, I would have offered to drive her to school.

We donate a lot but dh takes care of that, so I don't really feel I'm contributing. I do know we support 3 orphans.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN