Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

I don't get it...

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:05 AM
  • 24 Replies

Why is Thanksgiving so stressful?  Sure it's a bigger meal than usual, but really not much more work than usual.  Yeah, my family will come over.  It's not like they never come over any other time. Football will be on, but then it is on many other times throughout the fall.  Christmas, yes!  But Thanksgiving?  I just don't get it.

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Our family doesn't get together all of the time.  We live in a completely different state.  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

chinosruca
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:10 AM
It's not stressful to me. Never had been. Not sure why it us stressful for you. Hope it doesn't get too stressful for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:10 AM
I don't get it either. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, it is never stressful for me. I enjoy the family, food, and football. What is stressful about that?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Ours isn't stressful, other than my dad gets sad because his older kids (my half siblings) ALWAYS choose to go to their Mom's they will not alternate EVER. He's in his mid~seventys andhaving major surgery next week and of the 4 of them ONE "may come by for dessert" @@

I really don't care about Thanksgiving as a holiday. We "give thanks" throughout the year anyway and the stories of pilgrims/indians are mostly edited lies anyhow ...LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Because some hate cooking but feel they have to. Because some can't afford it and feel that they have to have it all. Because some don't get along with family members. Because some can't travel to see family and get the guilt trip because of it. There are tons of different reason everyone has.

Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I never found it stressful when I hosted.  I enjoy the cooking and baking.

kngarber
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:24 AM
It's not for me. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:53 PM
No stress over here. It's my favorite holiday...I love the food, the time with family and Black Friday.

I only had one stressful Thanksgiving and was the day DD was born. Labor came on fast and furious just as it was time to go to my brother's for dinner. But it all ended well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebekahmuse
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:58 PM

What makes it stressful for us is that my family is huge and we all live in town. My Mom & Dad are divorced so each side does their own seperate thing and my hubby's family does their thing too. So trying to include as many people as you can and figuring out who's doing what and trying to make it to everything is what makes ours stressful. I'm blessed though that we have a lot of family between us and everyone is close.

bleumonster
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:13 PM
It's not stressful for us although some years I have to work, such as this year and some years we travel to get together with extended family.

I guess it is to those who aren't close to their family either by location or emotion and only see them once or twice a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)