Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

moms with girls, a guestion about bathroom hygiene

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:35 PM
  • 50 Replies
1 mom liked this
My oldest dd is 7. She is fully toilet trained has been for yrs. She however has problem with wiping after going poop. I have explained the importance of cleaning well after using the bathroom many many times and thought she had been doing doing better until last night. She had smeared poop on the toilet seat while wiping. I had her come back to bathroom to check and see if her bottom was clean. It was far from clean. I told her this morning to let me know when she had to go today so I could go over again with her how to wipe. She did well this morning but tonight I noticed she was in the bathroom with the door locked and asked her to let me in. I went in there and she had stains in the front of her underwear. I had her lay down and check her and she had a lot of poop up front. I cleaned her up but I had to wipe her 10 times at least to get her clean. This made her bleed a bit there. I put some cream on her and explained again how this is not okay and give her an infection. I need help. I don't know what to do. She know not to wipe back to front but does it anyway. What do I do. How do I help her get her self clean. Thank you ladies for your help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto3infl
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Bump.  My youngest is not the best in cleaning-but has never had infection and takes a shower or bath every night.

auroragold
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I keep flushable wipes in the bathroom

mama91605
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:43 PM
I have tried that before but I think I may get some again.

Quoting auroragold:

auroragold
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

BTW - the flushable wipes are helpful for when they start their period and aren't yet using tampons.

auroragold
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:45 PM
2 moms liked this

It's a routine purchase in our household and we haven't had "little ones" for a while.  Better to have something that helps keep them clean while they are learning just how important it is.  

I see no benefit in humiliating a child who hasn't mastered the fine art of wiping yet.

Quoting mama91605:

Quoting auroragold:

mama91605
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:48 PM
I don't want to humiliate her at all. I just want to help her. And thsnk you for the tip about the wipes for when they start their period. I will definitely use have them use them then ad well

Quoting auroragold:

It's a routine purchase in our household and we haven't had "little ones" for a while.  Better to have something that helps keep them clean while they are learning just how important it is.  

I see no benefit in humiliating a child who hasn't mastered the fine art of wiping yet.

Quoting mama91605:

Quoting auroragold:

auroragold
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Sorry - I was referring to a response about taking her panties, etc.  It didn't sound like you were humiliating her - just trying to help her and feeling frustrated.

Quoting mama91605:

I don't want to humiliate her at all. I just want to help her. And thsnk you for the tip about the wipes for when they start their period. I will definitely use have them use them then ad well

Quoting auroragold:

Quoting mama91605:

Quoting auroragold:

mama91605
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:54 PM
I know what you meant :). I really hope the wipes help.

Quoting auroragold:

Sorry - I was referring to a response about taking her panties, etc.  It didn't sound like you were humiliating her - just trying to help her and feeling frustrated.

Quoting mama91605:

Quoting auroragold:

Quoting mama91605:

Quoting auroragold:

madismommy03
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:54 PM

my 9 year old stil has that problem too.I could use some tips myself.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I have boys, but we love those wipes as well.  They are a must have in my book.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)