Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

boys and the bathroom

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:03 PM
  • 26 Replies

ds is soon to be 4 and when in public I take him in with me.unless dh is with us then he takes him.im not going in mens room and cause of perverts I dont feel good about him going in alone.when did you quit taking your son to womens bathroom?

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:05 PM
3 moms liked this

Try using a family restroom.  Once my boys were in elementary school, they went into the men's room.  I stood outside and waited, if they were taking longer than I thought they should, I'd yell in to see if they were ok.

BTW - there aren't perverts lurking around every corner like the media would like you to believe.  My boys are 12 and 9 and have yet to have a problem in the men's room.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I dont have a son but when i was a chaperone for a field trip to the zoo, I saw boys as old as ten having to go into the womens room.  i do not care if they come with their female guardian for safety sake.   The boy in my group was 5 and hated it.

kenleespice
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

Try using a family restroom.  Once my boys were in elementary school, they went into the men's room.  I stood outside and waited, if they were taking longer than I thought they should, I'd yell in to see if they were ok.

but most restraunts dont have those

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kenleespice:

Quoting steelcrazy:

but most restraunts dont have those

Then send him into the men's room with you outside.  He will be fine.  I promise.  The odds of an actual pervert being in the men's room is slim to none.  Not to mention that by elementary age, a child should know about good touch/bad touch and how to yell if someone even tries to touch them inappropriately.  It's the men's room at a family restaurant, not a restroom at a maximum security prison.

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:11 PM
My 5 year old is nowhere near ready to go on his own. Its a huge accomplishment if he uses a smaller stall or goes in even the big one without me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM
DS will be 5 in March and sometimes I let him go in the men's by himself. If he wants to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soymujer
by Mikki on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:24 PM

family in the van   Mom of four

queencreekmom
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I started letting my son go in when he turned 10. But I try to have him go with someone else and I stand outside.

dixiegurl223626
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM

My son is 7(almost 8) and I still take him with me in the woman's bathroom. If my husband is with us, he can go with him, but thats the only way he's going in the male bathroom.

Seriously868
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Mine is four and I am not having him go in mens room by himself yet, sorry. Dd ds and I go in the woman's. Sometimes we use the family restroom but it seems like all three of us all have to go bad and never want to wait for one toilet :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN