Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Who went shopping today and was it a success?

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:49 PM
  • 15 Replies

Did you get to mark off many gifts?

My husband kept our daughter while me and my 23 yr old son went shopping. I have to say I did get a few gifts but nothing REALLY jumped out at me... Im ot much of a shopper so I kinda have to be slapped in the face when i walk in a store with excitment bahaha not much happened- everyone left on list may get gift cards hehe

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:09 PM

i saved a lot of money, but didnt get all teh gifts i was hoping for..

i got $400 worth at khols,for $107  including 2 fisher price toys one $30, for 11, and one $17 for 5.

i got 8 name prand purses at dillards, all for under $50each

Target was ok. i got hooded towles for the kids, a blender for my sister for $30, and pyrex for myself for $18.. and 2 $5 teacher gifts

i only spent $250 total and got my mom, grandma, my 1yo, and 2 of the 6 teachers done, except for a small item picked out  by the boys. the other 4 each have half of their gift.

and i got df done, a wallet from the kids< killd me to spend $35 on that! and a 90 blanket from khols, which i got for $15 :) 

banana-bear
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:23 PM
I scored big on Amazon today :o) My favorite purchase was a Hoover carpet shampooer for $76!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:35 PM
We got a nabi for $130 last night. A telescope for $38ish. And I got hubby a 16gb nexus7 for $200 today. Finished my kids shopping. Have a bit more for hubby and my mom left then I'm done!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gracie0221
by Gracie on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:04 AM

We got quite of bit of stuff! I think our best deal was an ipod touch for $145 and the orig price was 195.

themomof3boys
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:38 AM
We made out well...my mom is totally done with my boys, and other grandchild. We only went to Kohl's and bought my boys a bunch of stuff there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2_kiddos
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I never go out on black friday I did a few years ago but never will again cause we live in a tourest town....

Amanda52007
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:12 AM
I did, and I came out great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Dh did a little; he might've gotten his "From Daddy only" gifts for the kids, but I know he got the practical, non-gift item. If your oven is going to act up, might as well do it around Black Friday so you can get a good deal and free delivery. . .

theresaphilly
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I went shopping and got my hubby his gift and my MIL gifts and the rest I ordered online from Amazon.

SeanandNoahsmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I did, but as soon as I walked into Kohl's, in the late afternoon, it was packed, with a line to check out that stretched around the store. Strangely, the return line was about 30 deep at least, and Christmas isn't even close yet! I promptly left; it just isn't worth it. You can get the same deals online, with free delivery. My first and last black frday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)