Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

??QOTD?? 11/27/12

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:21 AM
  • 34 Replies

At what age did you move out of your parent's house? Did you ever have to move back for any reason? Do you wish you would have waited to move out or maybe have moved out sooner?

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
auroragold
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:36 AM

I moved out the fall after my high school graduation. I was 17 years old.  

I would have loved to move out SOONER but that wasn't realistic given my age.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:45 AM
I moved out the day I got married at 23. I loved living at home...my mom cooked, my dad would fill up my car with gas, pay my insurance and drop off and pick up my dry cleaning and we had a cleaning lady. Plus I am close with my parents. It was a rude awakening when I moved out! LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:02 AM

I moved out when I got married at 22.  I didn't have any problems living at home.

JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:08 AM
I was 16. I never went back except to visit. I wish I didn't have to move out that early but I didnt really have a choice in the matter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:13 AM

I was 22 when I moved out; have never moved back in. I wasn't ready mentally/emotionally to move out before then, so it worked out well.

my4littlegirls
by and 1 boy on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:59 AM

I was 20 when I moved out. We had bought our own house then. Never moved back to my parents.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:20 AM

I was 17 years old. And I didn't exactly move out by choice. My mom drank a lot and so did my dad. I attended a church youth group every Wed. and church on Sunday. Being I was the oldest and only daughter I had a much stricter curfew. I was to be home before 7:30 PM.

Well it was a Wed. night and I was at youth group which is over at 7:15 PM. And it took me 10 minutes to get home, walking. I was asked to stay for a few minutes that evening by the pastor. He asked if I wanted to begin teaching Sunday classes over the summer. I told him I wasn't sure, I had to talk it over with my parents. Well I happen to be 5 minutes late getting home. And mom was drinking and was very upset. So she told me that when school was out that summer, so was I.

So I packed my stuff and moved in an apartment my grandmother owned next door to her,  2 hrs away and graduated school. When I graduated, I moved to SC. and met my hubby and we moved back to Ohio a little under a year later.

I have never had to move back in with family since I was 17 years old.

And I am happy things happened the way they did. I do not regret my mom kicking me out.

jaytee
by Jen on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:21 AM

I was almost 22 when I moved out of my parents house. I did move back in with them for a few months when the ex and I were having problems. Part of me wishes I would have listened to my parents better so that they didn't kick me out when they did. Things probably wouldn't be the same if that had happened so I'm happy it did.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:21 AM

I moved out to go to college after graduating from high school.  I went back to visit on holidays, but that is it. 

LilyBeansMom
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:23 AM
I think I had just turned 19. I was ready and an opportunity I could afford fell in my lap. I lived with my parents again much later for a few months between seasonal jobs out west and again for a few months before I got married. It worked out well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)