Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Appetizers...

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:59 AM
  • 28 Replies
Whats your favorite appetizers, or finger food? This year my sister wants to do a quiet Christmas eve, cocoa and gifts, no big dinner. Thats fine with me, but I know I will be working at some point Christmas eve and will want something more than cookies whrn I get home. Besides veggies and crackers and cheese, I have no idea what to make. Suggestions and recipes welcome!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:58 AM
We love cocktail weinies (sp?). Throw a few packs in the crockpot with bbq sauce and add in eitber bread and butter pickles or a small jar of grape jelly and let them go all day. They are always a big hit. You also have the option of meatballs in a similar manner. Crockpot add sauce and let it go.
Then there are taco wreathes for a more festive look. Buy cresent rolls unroll them and arrange them in a circle overlapping the larger parts of the triangles. Cover the connected parts of the cresent rolls in cooked taco meat then fold up the smaller ends of the cresent rolls to make a little pocket containing the meat. Sprinkle with oregeno to add color and then bake 350 for 30 minutes. You can serve with all the traditional taco toppings alongside.
ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:01 AM
We like lil' smokies wrapped in puff pastry, meatballs in the crockpot with BBQ sauce, asparagus or cantaloupe wrapped in prosciutto, and sliders.
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I make a crab dip and hot spinach artichoke dip that I love. 

Cindy18
by Cruella on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Sausage Pinwheels, Stuffed Jalapenos.

jen113000
by Jenna on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Taco dip with scoops or buffalo chicken dip with scoops!! Yum!!
Danglmommy
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Stuffed mushrooms are yummy and easy. I made those last Christmas eve and they were a hit. :)
JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Oh yes pinwheels of any sort. Puff pastry, unroll fill wirh whatever you want, bake at 400 until golden brown.

Quoting Cindy18:

Sausage Pinwheels, Stuffed Jalapenos.

SwtSnowflake2
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Summer sausage, cheese balls, nachos, fruit, veggies, crackers, ill smokies in BBQ or meatballs in BBQ, dips, chips, etc.
CrazedMomof2
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Bean dip, deviled eggs, spinach dip....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaytee
by Jen on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Ham and cheese puffs, spinach dip, crab dip, and mini quiche
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)