Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Teeth

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:53 AM
  • 15 Replies

My dd turned 6 in November.  She got her first tooth at 11 weeks and her teeth came in pretty much groups of 4 and she got them all QUICKLY.  

She lost her first bottom tooth a week after she turned 5.  She has now lost 5 teeth on her own.  In April we were at the zoo and she tripped up stairs (she has my grace for sure) and knocked her front tooth out.  Luckily it ripped out the entire root.  The dentist said she just won't have a tooth there until she is 7 or 8. 

Well, today she was messing with her teeth and she said her other front tooth was loose and it is, but she still has no signs that the other one is anywhere near coming in. 

I read that kids usually lose teeth in the order they get them, but she isn't.  We see the dentist on the 19th for a cleaning so I know I can just ask then.  I just wonder if anyone else's had a child who knocked a tooth out OR when your child lost their upper front teeth - because I keep seeing 7-8. 

by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LanasMommy0504
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:55 AM
My DD lost her 2 upper front teeth last year when she was 5. She didn't lose them in the order she was supposed to either. It took them a while but they came back in just fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaileysMom07180
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:56 AM

my daughter isn't losing her teeth in the order she got them.  she got her canines first on top,, we made her a vampire baby for her first halloween.  she lost her bottom front first, almost at the same time.

kngarber
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Haha that is cute.  My friend's baby's teeth are coming in that way. 

Quoting HaileysMom07180:

my daughter isn't losing her teeth in the order she got them.  she got her canines first on top,, we made her a vampire baby for her first halloween.  she lost her bottom front first, almost at the same time.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Ds1 and ds2 did not loose their teeth in the same order they got them. Dd is almost 7 and is a little upset b/c she hasn't lost any yet; the top front 2 are getting loose, though, so that has her a little happier : )

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 4:36 PM

DD is 6 and all baby teeth came in on time but no loose teeth right now.

Summerlion1123
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:46 AM
My son just turned 7. He lost and grew his two front teeth a long time ago. Like yours, he got teeth early and lost them early. He lost his first tooth when he was 4. I remember when he was 7 months he had 8 teeth. I have no idea if he is losing them in the order he got them, I'm guessing probably.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babynurse244
by Beth on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:46 AM
My DD turned 5 in March. Lost her right front tooth in August and the left one in September. She is just now starting to get her right front tooth in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:47 AM

My niece lost her 2 upper front teeth right after her 6th birthday. My son is 5 and he hasn't lost his but hey are loose.

PurplePieguy
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:41 AM

I honestly can't remember when my 4 older kids lost their front teeth and my 6 yr old hasn't lost any. Quite honestly the dentist said that she's showing no signs of losing them anytime soon. She turned 6 this past August. 

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:10 AM
2 moms liked this
My ds had his 2 front teeth removed due to an accident at 4 he just got one in, at 6.5, the other is close. He lost both his middle bottom teeth naturally at 5.5.

He Got teeth early as well. He had his 12mo molars by 9mo, and his 2ye by 14mo!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN