Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas Parties!

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:38 PM
  • 22 Replies
Its that time of year again!

I received a letter from my 1st graders teacher. For her class party, she has to bring a bag of individual wrapped candy, small favors, a gift (betw $4-$5), and make something for the party.

Does that sound like too much? Ive never been asked for that much.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aetrom
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:03 AM
I think it sounds like a lot but that means they will have one awesome party!! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:09 AM

We're not allowed to send in candy or make anything for a party.  Food needs to come from the Stalker list which is a bunch of crap.  I know  too many parents who couldn't afford the favors or a $4 gift so most of our parties are either crap from the approved list or a movie.  Your daughter's party sounds like fun.

Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:11 AM

We are not allowed any out side food for parties. I think it sounds like a lot. 

Amanda52007
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:20 AM
It is alot. We're talking, for 24 students.

Our schools don't ban homemade stuff, thank goodness. I'm the mom who shows up with fruit desserts! Lol None of that store bought stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Sounds like a lot to me but im wonderimg of maybe she is sending that out to all because she knows some can't or won't send it in. If you can afford it all I would send it all, if its going to cause hardship maybe call and ask what's most importsnt.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:51 AM
I've been a room parent for 4 years (sometimes for both kids at once) and I've asked for that much, nor been asked to provide it. That's a ton of candy! It should be one heck of a party!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurplePieguy
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:00 AM

I'm pretty certain that the same letter was sent out to all the parents. Well, at least that's how it's done here. We're asked to send in a wrapped gift marked either boy/girl. We can't send in candy or anything homemade. 

I'd call the teacher and ask him/her clarify for you. 

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:21 AM

It sounds like FUN!

natesmom1228
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Wow, I have never been given a list for the class party. It has always said if you would like to send in a treat, here is the number of kids. In my opinion that is alot for a class party.

sunflowers12
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:45 AM

to me it does my kids school typically has book exchanges, but now their all big they may have a small party with some snacks and a movie that's about it really and i am glad got enough to buy as it is... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)