Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tips on pulling teeth UPDATE!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:00 PM
  • 23 Replies
One of my son's top teeth is ready to be pulled. He refuses to wiggle or pull it and doesn't let me or my husband either. He is losing weight because he refuses to eat most things because of his tooth. The dentist wants me to call him tomorrow if I can't get the tooth out tonight. Any tips on how to pull the tooth with a screaming 6 yr old?

It took about 45 minutes of crying and screaming at me, but the tooth is out! I tied dental floss around it and pulled down. That's how I got his first tooth out, but he was determined not to let me do that this time. I finally convinced him to let me just put it around the tooth and when he was in the middle of asking me if I was going to pull it, I just tugged and it popped out. As soon as it was over he gave me a hug.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:02 PM
I would let the dentist do it. Or tell him he needs to do it or he will have to go to the dentist and have it done
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Not at this point yet but I never had my teeth pulled I just wiggled all mine out as a kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
Not at this point yet but I never had my teeth pulled I just wiggled all mine out as a kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LEY1307
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:06 PM
I have told him this many many times. In order for the dentist to pull it, it would be a $52 office visit. There is no way I'm paying that much money to have his tooth pulled.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I would let the dentist do it. Or tell him he needs to do it or he will have to go to the dentist and have it done
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorena
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Is the tooth really wiggly? If so I just take a Kleenex and twist. It pops right out and my kids say it doesn't even hurt. However if it is not to that point then the dentist will have to do it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LEY1307
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:09 PM
It's very wiggly. He FREAKS out if I start to twist it.

Quoting Lorena:

Is the tooth really wiggly? If so I just take a Kleenex and twist. It pops right out and my kids say it doesn't even hurt. However if it is not to that point then the dentist will have to do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsSexyCurtains
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Dd tooth was wiggly for about two weeks and it just fell out this weekend. She was drinking from a straw and it popped right out lol she was super excited :).
Lorena
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:13 PM
It has to be done quick! That is the key. Maybe give him an incentive to let you take it out. Lije a piece if candy of TV/video game time.

Quoting LEY1307:

It's very wiggly. He FREAKS out if I start to twist it.

Quoting Lorena:

natesmom1228
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Take him to the dentist or let it fall out on it's own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)