Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

are you friends with your kids

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:57 PM
  • 16 Replies
parents friends? ds has never been to a friends house because i have never net their parents... well with the exception of our neighbor but shes really strict so thats only like 2 or 3 times a year that he is invited over. ive thrown parties for my son that only my neighbor comes to and i just dont know how else to encourage friends. it doesnt help that my only friend is my so... help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:04 PM

My girls are very involved in sports so they form a lot of friendships (as do we) through sports.  A lot of the sleepovers are with friends from sports.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Maybe arrange a playdate at your house and invite the mom/dad to stay and visit w/ you while the kids play?

Most of my kids' friends either live in our neighborhood or are in Scouts w/ them, so I know the parents that way.

natesmom1228
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I am friendly with a couple of  my sons friends parents. I am honestly not that worried about how friendly I am with them. As long as I talk to them at least once, then I am good with it.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Have any of them invited him over? If so and you didn't go because you didn't know them, you should set up a time to meet them so you can say yes next time. If he's in sports, it's a great way to meet other parents. Join the school's PTO...you'll find friends there too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:25 PM
I'm friends with a few parents via PTO. The children aren't in my sons class, but they are the same age :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soymujer
by Mikki on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM

My kids aren't allowed to stay over or do anything away from home till we meet the parents.  Now, that doesn't necessarily mean we are friends but we at least know who each other are.

family in the van   Mom of four

mommy06and09
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:23 PM
no one has invited him. there was one girl who invited him to a birthday party last year. he went to that and had a blast but unfortunately i couldnt stay for that. my so took him.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Have any of them invited him over? If so and you didn't go because you didn't know them, you should set up a time to meet them so you can say yes next time. If he's in sports, it's a great way to meet other parents. Join the school's PTO...you'll find friends there too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I know them but not sure I would call them friends.   Get him out to community events, school events, etc  the more you get out the more chances you have to meet people.  I dont really have friends in life so dd does not know how to hang out with someone other than family.

LucyHarper
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Some yes, some no. I don't need to be friends with my kids friends parents or even like them for them to be friends. My feelings on their parents don't impact my kids friendships. Does he have any friends from school who could come over for a playdate?

mommy06and09
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:36 PM
i have invited but no one comes. its sad.

Quoting LucyHarper:

Some yes, some no. I don't need to be friends with my kids friends parents or even like them for them to be friends. My feelings on their parents don't impact my kids friendships. Does he have any friends from school who could come over for a playdate?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN