Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Mother Nature..slow down!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:46 PM
  • 19 Replies
While helping my daughter dry off after her shower tonight, I noticed she had a couple of hairs under her arm. I thought maybe it was dog hair so I tried to wipe them off when I noticed they weren't goin anywhere! I checked under her other armpit and saw nothing. My heart skipped a little when I realized what I was lookin at. She will be 9 in 2 weeks, is this a sign of early puberty?? I didn't see any other signs and asked her if she's noticed anything but she said no. When she exercises I notice her smelling a lil funkier than usual an she has been using deodorant for a while now. Seriously she is my baby And can't imagine her going through this at such a young age. Most ppl say it starts at 9 for some..I'm freaking out lol
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Most likely is puberty starting.  Unfortunately, 9 really isn't young for this at all.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Ds1 started getting underarm hair at 9 y/o as well.

Even though we know it's coming, it's still a bit of a shock. (((Hugs)))

skylersmom44
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I heard somewhere that the average age for girls to start their periods is age 10 now! That is so crazy!

a06z08mama
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:27 PM
I've heard that too. I've heard some say its because of the growth hormones they put in meats.

Quoting skylersmom44:

I heard somewhere that the average age for girls to start their periods is age 10 now! That is so crazy!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorena
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:37 PM
My dd got hair on her legs and armpits at 7. She started breast growth at 9. Thankfully at 10 she has not gotten her period but its not far off.
I think 9 is young even though it is the norm. Makes me want to cry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:06 AM

A very close friend of mine got her period at the age of 9, that was 35 years ago.  So it isn't anything new for girls to get their period that young.  I got mine at 11.

MichelleSw
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Awe :]

snowmommy0406
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:09 AM

My 8 year old dd has had armpit hair for over a year, she is has also started to grow hair down there and started to develop in the breast area.  It doesn't seem fair does it.

FTale
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:14 AM
I know! It's like I'm mentally trying to freeze time here. Just seeing her face as I looked her over I am not looking forward to the period talk lol I secretly told my husband because I had to prepare him as well and his jaw dropped. Although at bedtime, my kid said, "thanks for all the information, Mom." She won't be as thankful when I whip out a tampon and explain where that shit goes LOL

Quoting snowmommy0406:

My 8 year old dd has had armpit hair for over a year, she is has also started to grow hair down there and started to develop in the breast area.  It doesn't seem fair does it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:25 AM
9-10 is a fairly common age to start developing.

Can I ask why you were still bathing your 9yo and examining her though?

I think if she is developing she's mor. Then old enough to to do those things alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN