Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What child DESERVES....

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:22 PM
  • 21 Replies

to be picked on? That is my question.

I read another reply in a different post the other day and it got me thinking. And it made me upset too.

She said her child didn't deserve to be picked on. True, but WHAT child does deserve to be picked on? She made it seem by the way she said it, that some kids do deserve to be picked on, just not her child.

So do you think that some children deserve to be picked on?

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilyBeansMom
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Absolutely not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Hmmmmmm...part of me says no child....

However, I'm honest..I LOVE when bullies get payback....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Honestly no such person deserves to be treated that way but when the victim fights back towards a person attacking them, they get in trouble.

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Of course

not

Amanda52007
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 4:52 PM
As a mom, I want to say no child.

As a human, who has been in a situation where I wanted/needed revenge, I want to say some children do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetmissy_05
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:05 PM

NO child deserves that!!

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:15 PM
I would say no, but there are kids that go out of their way to be annoying and pester everyone that they come in contact with. I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing that they get put in their place for being a nudge.
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:01 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't think anyone deserves to get picked on. 

But all kids do get picked on at some point. It's how we learn to deal with life and handle difficult people. 

And I've got a news flash... all kids also pick on other kids. The nicest kid will at some point say or do something that will hurt another child's feelings. Another important part of learning to deal with people. 

Dominosmommy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:50 PM

This is probably not going to be a popular opinion but some kids bring some level of being "picked on" on themselves. I am not saying that a child who is short, fat, ugly, etc deserves to be picked on because of what they can not control but some kids (mostly teens) do things that will haunt them with no care in the world until someone calls them a name.  For instance those instances with the girls who sleep with an entire football team or sleep with someone else's boyfriend and then go home and kill themselves when someone calls them a slut or whore. Or the kid who eats glue and gets mad/sad when someone calls them on it.  I am sorry but I say don't do something like that in the public eye if you can't handle the repercussions.

I am a victim of bullying. People made fun of me because I was short, black and had a high pitched voice. I was called Midget, Midnight and Squeaky.  I don't think anyone should be subjected to being bullied for something they can not control.   

Karen_S
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:52 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree - no kid deserves that..but I don't think saying "my kid doesn't deserve to be picked on" is necessarily saying that some kids *do*...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN