Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It is a day before christmas

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:34 AM
  • 16 Replies

you have  twenty dollars to buy a gift for your child. You child gave you a Christmas list a month in advance, but things are just not adding up financially. What would you do to make Christmas a very merry Christmas.

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IncognitoOne
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:43 AM
2 moms liked this

My kids......I'd give them the $20, lol.

They love money. You can give them a penny and they jump for joy. 

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I would buy her a craft thing and a toy.  I am lucky she likes MLP and LPS and their "Figures"run under 6 dollars usually. Hit up dollar tree if need be.

sunflowers12
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:01 AM

well, it would depend on many factors how old the child is and what their interest... i would say little ones  are easy no brainier walmart and you have a load of well price toys.. the older they get the harder it gets so for an older child find out what he/she would really like that goes accordingly with your budget...  for a boy thats older you could probably get him a great race track and girl some type of babrie and maybe a few little things to go with... just some ideas...

diaperstodating
by Angel on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I would give my child the $20.00.

bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Probably go to dollar tree and buy like 15 things lol

corrinacs
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

My son LOVES simple stuff.  I could make a ball out of aluminum foil.  Spend $5 on some matchbox cars, find an old shoebox for a "garage", make cookies with ingredients from home.  Freecycle is awesome, btw.

I have tons of crafting materials on hand, too :).  Oh, we could have so much fun :).

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Make them stuff
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illinoismommy83
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Christmas eve is a Monday this year. Everywhere is open. Pawn shops are open. Plasma donation places are open. Day labor places are open.  I'd find a way to make up for my procrastination and get stuff for my kids. Stand on the corner outside the drug store with a sign that says "Financial hardship, can't afford Christmas for my kids, will work for toys, please help" and anyone who spoke to me I'd highly suggest they scribble out the UPC on whatever they buy so they know I won't return it. Go door to door offering to shovel snow. I'd find a way.

weaveress
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:47 PM

i use my credit cards for xmas, buy everything by halloween and try and have it paid off by new years. my kids have $50 limit for presents, $20 for each other, and $20 for their stocking. 

so i would whip out the credit card and go shopping. 

NCISfan2003
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM

I wouldn't have that problem. I put $20 a month away for his Birthday and Christmas. By his birthday I have $80 bucks saved up and by Christmas I have $160 saved up. I spend about $80 of it on him and the rest then gets split up for the other people I buy for. I lIke to plan ahead and make sure I have enough saved up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)