Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Help needed...my son says he does things when he didnt...gets in trouble

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:37 PM
  • 5 Replies

Now my DS is 7 and is in grade 2 and in a 1/2 split...

Now ever since he was little he much rather gets introuble for something he didnt do then face the confrontation (spelling)

Case= Little girl lets call her Princess (thats how the mother treats her and she acts like a queen) this little girl has bite my DS and ME! She has drawn blood and LOVES to see kids get into trouble...like when I am talking to my DS she will stand there and giggle...I told her to go away the mom ran over "ohh (princess) did CC (me) hurt your feelings, she just doenst like how curious God made you"

ANYWAYS...She is claiming that my DS told another little boy to punch her, and he did...little boy said this too but come on its easy to say "He made me" so had the talk asked my son why he did it...SWEARS he didnt..that he did chase her and grab her (which he got in trouble for) but he swears he didnt tell the other boy to punch her. So I brought this to the principals attention she flipped on me accusing me of not being on her team and so on...

I told her that my DS is very much like me and when faced with confrontation, especally infront of other people he will shut down and agree to anything to end it...even something he didnt do.

So told me that no one is that stupid and I need to stop babying him and wake up to his behavior issues and that she has NEVER had a issue with the other little girl so who is she suppose to belive...

The reason she had no issues with this child is that everyone is scared of the mom since she is on the PAC (sorta like the PTA)

The principal called today to inform me that he was playing a trapping game (trap the kids somewhere and they have to push past you to get out) so he will be sitting at the office the next 2 days...I may not have been really responive to it...well my cat isnt doing too good, not eating, cant seem to open his mouth and I just finsihed bawling for the 3rd time today when the phone rang and it was her...

I just have had it....sure my son is energetic but he is not a bad child...am I a bad mom for wanting to pull him???

Today is just a rough day...not sure anyone will respond to this...I just needed to vent...but if anyone does...do you have kids that are the same way...hate confrontation to the point of shutting down and just nodding to questions asked again and again (and she addmitted to asking 20 times before he "addmitted to it" oh and he gets really uncomfrotable when you force eye contact...which makes her think he is rude...

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Wow, the principal isnt that smart if she thinks no one ever agrees to something when they don't really want to, or finally gives in after being asked 20 times. I'm surprised that she even thinks its ok to ask 20 times.

I'm not sure the answer though.

mjande4
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I feel like this story is missing some facts. I don't really know how to respond except to say your son needs to learn some boundaries AND your dislike of the girl's mother might be tainting your viewpoint.

Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Okay not sure how me saying this girl scratched kids and drew blood turned into me not liking the mom...but what ever..

Sure my kid needs to learn bounderies and how to make good friends...but should he be repeditally blamed for things he did NOT do?

I was mainly talking about the principal not the girls mother...they are not the same...

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:08 AM

I would go in and actually observe class time or recess.  Then decide whether or not to switch schools over one child who likes to get others in trouble.  This is an adversity that he may have to fight through for himself and come out much stronger for it.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:07 AM
I suggest that you meet with the school's student support counselor. If you get him/her involved, he will observe DS in different school settings and make suggestions on how to help DS have success at school.

DS needs to learn to stand up for himself. Not just now but for the rest of his life or people will walk all over him. If you are the same way, this can be something you can learn together. Pulling him out, IMO, sends the message that's OK to run away if things don't go your way. And confessing to things he didn't do is lying and I don't think that's a behavior you want to condone. The student support staff counselor can help with all of this and you'll have documentation if you need to go above the principal's head.

If he has so much energy, I have heard karate is a great outlet for learning to control it and building self esteem (which will help him deal with adversity).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)