Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What would you do?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:33 PM
  • 34 Replies
If your 6 1/2 year old child was spiking 105 fevers for 3 days. Take him to the doctors and they say it's most likely viral? Then he got to 106. Medicine only brings it to 101 but by the time he can have another dose... he's pretty close to 105 again if not over 105.... taking his temp with an ear thermometer
Alittle back story. He was diagnosed with pneumonia a month ago, took antibiotics and got better but now this...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen113000
by Jenna on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:34 PM
Oh and only other symptoms are runny nose. Complaints of headache and blood shot eye
weaveress
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I would find me a new doctor. 

kak27
by New Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Did they do blood work to see if its bacterial? I say find another doctor or take him to the er. 4 days is too long to be running such a high fever especially not long after having pnemonia.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I would get them to the hospital ER and  have them admit the child to observe for at least 24 hours.

BeachLifeMama
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I work for Peds office, if our patient have that high fever especially for days and fever reducer is not helping much we advise parents to bring patient to ER for better testing like blood work. 

jen113000
by Jenna on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Insurance won't let us change until January 15th :/

Quoting weaveress:

I would find me a new doctor. 

jen113000
by Jenna on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:28 PM
They can't do blood work there... I have to go to a lab place. Which will happen tomorrow

Quoting kak27:

Did they do blood work to see if its bacterial? I say find another doctor or take him to the er. 4 days is too long to be running such a high fever especially not long after having pnemonia.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:50 PM
2 moms liked this

How is he acting? If he's still playing some and just acting a little bit under weather, I'd wait to go to the lab. If he's completely miserable and not at all himself, I'd be going to the ER.

Mama2ETA
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:55 PM

I would take him to an ER. There are lots of issues that can cause high fevers and no other symptoms.

jen113000
by Jenna on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Yesterday the only time he moved from the couch was to use the bathroom. Today he played alittle bit while the fever was only 101 but after about an hour he was back to the couch... so 90% of today was on the couch. I gave him medicine (motrin ) around 6:45 tonight... and I checked him 15 mins ago and he was 102 and playing a video game. He is only really himself 102 and under... anything more he doesn't move.

Quoting wakymom:

How is he acting? If he's still playing some and just acting a little bit under weather, I'd wait to go to the lab. If he's completely miserable and not at all himself, I'd be going to the ER.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN