Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What do you think of this?

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this

‎26 more amazing facts about education in Finland: http://www.businessinsider.com/finland-education-school-2011-12?op=1.
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Cool!

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:23 PM
3 moms liked this

Yeah....i think we are trying to push something that isn't working.  I thinking taking a step back on the pressures of education on our students and fully funding education will make a HUGE difference.

soymujer
by Mikki on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I have always said that teachers should be paid like doctors and lawyers because after all, who taught those that became doctors and lawyers?

family in the van   Mom of four

natesmom1228
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Cool

janitablue
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I think American are aware of the situation and most people would agreed with the post.  If we can resolve this issue and stress the importance of Education we can make United States one of the best

. I don't know how can we do this......... when some of public school are using books that are created in 1960s. We have a long way to go.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:59 AM
I think it might be true for some but I don't know I feel it's true in my district. Our teachers are very well paid AND we do extremely well on state testing. At least in our elementary school, the teachers seem really happy and the ones we've had (with the exception of 1) have been wonderful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2twinboyz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I agree! There is WAY too much pressure on these kids. The teachers are not teaching they are teaching to the tests if that makes sense. There is a reason why the school system here is failing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN