Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

pick up process

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:11 AM
  • 26 Replies
What is the pick up/ after school process at your childs school? Do they have buses? Allow kids to walk home unsupervised? Do they have an after school program?

Reason for me asking..
This week my dd who is 7 left school with a classmate they both were supposed to go to the after school program the school provides. No one new they were missing until we went to pick them up because of a bad after school process.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AliKatCam
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:18 AM

They get on the bus and the bus brings them to my grandparents' house. Then either me or my BF goes to get them when we are off work.

'

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:18 AM
We are a rural district, so every child has a bus assignment. There are no walkers. If you wish to drive your child home, you have to park in the visitor's lot, go into the school to sign the out, and wait for tgem to be called to the office.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShireeCS
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:21 AM
On days that you pick them up do you have to notify the school of the change?

Quoting AliKatCam:

They get on the bus and the bus brings them to my grandparents' house. Then either me or my BF goes to get them when we are off work.

'

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShireeCS
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Do you have to pick them up before school releases?

Quoting steelcrazy:

We are a rural district, so every child has a bus assignment. There are no walkers. If you wish to drive your child home, you have to park in the visitor's lot, go into the school to sign the out, and wait for tgem to be called to the office.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
veganistic
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:23 AM
All o f what you Said. Car riders get picked up and dropped off in an orderly 5 at a time fashion, at 5 openings ina. Fence, each one with a staff member to see the child.into and out Of the car. We have a sign with our child's name onit th at gets displayed for pick up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShireeCS
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Thank you! I didn't think of the signs..

Quoting veganistic:

All o f what you Said. Car riders get picked up and dropped off in an orderly 5 at a time fashion, at 5 openings ina. Fence, each one with a staff member to see the child.into and out Of the car. We have a sign with our child's name onit th at gets displayed for pick up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AliKatCam
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Yes. Since the bus riding kids get let out before the others. So I will tell them the day before that I will be coming to get them. I will also tell the bus company so just incase the school forgets the bus driver will inform them that I am coming.

Quoting ShireeCS:

Quoting AliKatCam:

'

ShireeCS
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Thank you

Quoting AliKatCam:

Yes. Since the bus riding kids get let out before the others. So I will tell them the day before that I will be coming to get them. I will also tell the bus company so just incase the school forgets the bus driver will inform them that I am coming.

Quoting ShireeCS:

Quoting AliKatCam:

'

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:31 AM
My boys take the bus home, and my mom watches them until I get off. I work at a before and after school care program.

My youngest son is in Pre K, I pick him up at 12:15 and we spend a little bit of time together at home or running errands before I go back to work in the afternoon.
TJFBGMommy
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:33 AM

In the k/1 classes we have to go into the classroom and pick the kids up. Then from 2-5 we can pick them up from the classroom, the playground or the curb. Whatever works best for us. Once they're part of the secondary school they can leave the campus after school and walk home if it's close enough. Most secondary kids walk to the coffee shop next door until they're old enough to drive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)