Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Do believe in Aliens ? Do you share that belief with your child?

Posted by   + Show Post

I was inspire by a post created in this group.  I don't believe in Aliens , UFO and the government officials are covering top secret of Aliens. Do occasionally enjoy watch SCI-Fi channel, watching science fiction movies, and my favorite author is Dean Koontz .

How would you approach a situtation if a adult told your child about aliens ? My first insist would I tell my son this adult is a nut but I also want my son to respect the person feeling honestly tell him that just because the adult believe in aliens that their belief  that does not make the person crazy but we don't believe in aliens.

What are your thoughts???

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Replies (11-20):
chinosruca
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:38 PM
I believe it is possible......I don't believe they are real though. I had a strange encounter (sighting of an unidentified flying object) but have always chalked it up to military/goverment experiment. It was not an average aircraft.....and it was very eery and seemed to be out of a sci-fi movie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tonipaffel
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:22 AM

i dunnno .... i thought about it and nope i wouldn't share that w my child unless i knew for sure

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:25 AM
If someone told my son aliens were real I just might strangle them! I don't need more fears to deal with. He can't even watch a full length movie!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkParadox
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:32 AM
I have no proof that there's no aliens. There is more "proof" of alien life than not. Also, scientifically the odds are in favor of life on other planets.

I raise my children with open minds. I do not teach them to believe, or not believe, something they can not prove. I teach them to make logical conclusions, but also remember that you never really know. Enlightenment is a life long journey, not an early destination. The law of nature is, you stop adapting, you die. This holds true for the mind as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Anything is possible I guess...Until I see one, I will keep telling dd they dont exist...She worries about Jason Voorhees enough as it is...

luvmybug
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

i deal with the belief of aliens as i do the belief in religion. everyone has different beliefs, so we should respect others opinions.

jaytee
by Jen on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:30 PM
We search for aliens, big foot, zombies and the like all the time. If they believe I'm not discouraging that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Iamlegion
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I don't believe in aliens as of today, but I don't know everything either, so am open minded, I guess :)

PinkButterfly66
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I find it very hard to believe that we are the only planet with intelligent life in the entire universe.  So yeah, I belief that there is inteligent life out there.

lovinmama411
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I think anyone that can say they know for sure that aliens do or don't exist is lying to themselves. HOW could anyone know? They don't. So I tell my kids no one knows for sure if they exist or not and hopefully one day we will know for sure, but as of now keep an open mind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN