Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Things to do with your kids on Christmas break???

Posted by   + Show Post

I need some ideas

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Replies (11-20):
WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Our local movie theater offers discounts for shows that start before 4pm mon-fri. All shows during these hours are $4.50 for adults and kids.  I also take the kids sledding (if there is snow), or we go out and build a snowman (again if we get any snow).  Also, check with you local library and see if they have story hours or reading programs. My kids take part in the ones and ours and they love them. Not only are they free, but the programs get the kids interested in reading. You could also go to the craft store and purchase items to make crafts. I found foam stickers and an construction paper keep my kids busy for hours.  My daughter also loves to design and make her own bracelets and necklaces out of beads.  Good luck.

mama2alex04
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:05 PM

This year will be visiting family and getting settled in our new place-just a rental for now, nothing spectacular. :)

Otherwise the park, movies, Monkey Joe's(indoor bounce house kind of place), going to the Shrine to see the Way of Lights, City Museum, Magic House, etc.

bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Love all if these ideas...Thanx soo much

Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:21 AM

We always have pj day. We stay in our pjs all day, pop popcorn and watch lots of movies. We bring out all the blankets and pillows and hang out in the living room. We don't do a lot of tv so the kids love it. I like to bring out the finger paints and craft supply's. I am hoping for some snow. I want to take them tubbing and maybe even snowboarding/skiing. But for the most part we like to keep costs low. If its cold we will go ice skating on the local pond. If its nice out maybe for a hike or a winter walk on the beach to see what we can find. 

TJFBGMommy
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Lots and lots of snowboarding for some of the kids. Ice fishing, shoveling, snowman/snowfort building. Hikes and parks if it's warm enough. Swimming, crafts, video games if it's colder out.

....ClvrScn.
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
My son isn't school aged yet - this was just a featured post - but this time of year, we participate in the free holiday programs in the area. Parades, festivals etc. Check macaroni kid.com to see if you area is offering anything.

Also I take my son to Lowes build and grow clinic. Go to lowesbuildand grow.com - its free and its fun. There are lots of boys and girls there every time.

We do Christmas crafts, elf on the shelf and visit family. Tomorrow we are making home made candy.

On the 22nd, my son turns 5. He wants a Christmas party - so in having a children's Christmas party
mama2gg
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:29 AM

My son is 5

we play chess

work on reading and writing

talk and play together

make blankets, cook , and clean

ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, we're traveling over the holidays. My daughter will be going to the Riverwalk, the Alamo, Spanish missions, SeaWorld, Texas state capital, Zilker Park, and McKinney Falls State Park. We should have a lot of fun.
HaileysMom07180
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:33 AM

my dd only has a week and a half off so I don't have to plan much.

Lizzys_mommy13
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:46 PM

We like to look at Christmas lights this time of year. Some towns have set ups where you can drive through, or even walk through, to look at a bunch of lights. Zoo lights are usually really pretty too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)