Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Things to do with your kids on Christmas break???

Posted by   + Show Post

I need some ideas

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Replies (31-40):
theresaphilly
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Nothing specific, but we do want to go on a mini-vacation for two nights and spend the other time at home.

popomill
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:24 AM
CRAFTS CRAFTS and more crafts!! I miss this during school, we used to do them all the time together. I also plan on lots of reading, movie and tv watching and taking him to Brookfield zoo for their festival of the lights thing and so he can see the baby giraffe, that's his favorite animal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
yperez0209
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:03 AM

IDK but I have to figure this one out also. We usually get a week in Feb but it's being cut short b/c they missed so many days due to the hurricane. So, I also want to do something fun with them. How old are your kids?

natesmom1228
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I work so the kiddo will be home until I get home from work. He will play his games and watch TV while he is home.

snazzylady1
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:56 AM

You could also talk about what the holidays are like around the world.  Then you could look up what Christmas is like in Germany, Paris, or Iceland!  It would be fun to make an art project then have your child write about what country they would like to visit when they get older.   This would be an ideal opportunity to teach about travel and the need for passports to enter other countries. 

Tonya Simmons

Smartandsnazzykids.com

CoolMommyofboys
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM
If you haven't seen Wreck it Ralph. Go see it Great movie
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM
My kids invite their friends over a lot.
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM

We plan to work with dd on her basic math facts and on her writing skills in preparation for a grade skip after the break. We will also be working with ds on some things and visiting friends and family. There will be parties and games and movies and lazy days too. Dd gets 2 weeks and ds gets 3.

Karen_S
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:27 PM

We do a lot of the sorts of things other folks have mentioned...but this year I'm also going to try something new. We have 2 weeks off school and are staying home without guests. So outside of the actual holiday days, each of us is each going to pick one extra chore to do each day. Something like cleaning out a closet (for me) or reorganizing her toy shelving unit (for DD), or bagging up some old things for a trip to the Salvation Army...something that will take maybe half an hour, but will get done some of those things around the house that we never seem to get time for on regular weeks.  Seems like a good time to do a little work around the house, and I'd like DD to take part. 

periwinkle163
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM

We are going to bundle up and go to the zoo, the Indy Zoo has an awesome light display and the kiddos love how active some of the animals are in the cold weather.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN