Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

ds punched another kid at school :(

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM
  • 10 Replies
He said it was because his friend did it too and didn't have to apologize so he did it. I made him sit down and make an "I'm sorry card" and both Dh and I spoke to him. It's very unlike him to be hands on. His teacher was very surprised and so was I. I'm going to bring the card tonight to the holiday shop in case the other little boy is there so ds can apologize and give him the card.
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I think you've handled it well.

Hottubgodess
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Good job, mom! 

Then teach him that you only hit to truely defend yourself.  :)  If you see it happen again, look for a pattern. :)

Mrs_Nelson
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:17 PM

perfect reaction. I admire you.

angelgrl5200
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:18 PM
my son got suspended for 3 days for fighting. he knocked some other kids tooth out after he shoved him down....i let SO handle that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dcdmattison03
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:21 PM

You handled that well

downsouthjunkin
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:54 AM

I agree, you're handling it the right way.

corrinacs
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I agre, you handled that well, but I would look deeper into why it happened.  Did the other child provoke him?  Sometimes kids won't talk about htose things.

GOod luck and I hope that doesn't happen again.

My son did that once, but it was becuae the other kid kept taking his toys awya. AFter a few days of that, he had had enough.  I almost couldn't blame him LOL

poshkat
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Quoting corrinacs:

I agre, you handled that well, but I would look deeper into why it happened.  Did the other child provoke him?  Sometimes kids won't talk about htose things.

My son did that once, but it was becuae the other kid kept taking his toys awya. AFter a few days of that, he had had enough.  I almost couldn't blame him LOL

This is not a kid that provoked him. They were standing in line to get on the busses (they take all the kids and then the ones who get picked up are taken inside, I pick up ds). The teacher was right here, he said another child did it too and did not have to apologize. This is the first time he has hit a child in school and it was taken care of right away.
corrinacs
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Oh wow, holy cow.  Hopefully that won't happen again.  But how odd.

Quoting poshkat:

Quoting corrinacs:

This is not a kid that provoked him. They were standing in line to get on the busses (they take all the kids and then the ones who get picked up are taken inside, I pick up ds). The teacher was right here, he said another child did it too and did not have to apologize. This is the first time he has hit a child in school and it was taken care of right away.

poshkat
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Quoting corrinacs:

It was extremely odd and out of character for ds. We''ll see what happens tomorrow.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)