Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Stocking stuffers?

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM
  • 60 Replies
1 mom liked this

What do you put in your kid's stockings? I'm trying to avoid candy. They don't have any cavities and I'd like to keep it that way. Sugar free gum? I bought some cars like Matchboxes for my son, and some lip balm and hair things for DD, but I'm sort of at a loss. What do you put in your kid's stockings? DD is 5, DS is 4.

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Toothbrush, candy cane (not candy but a chocolate shaped one), crazy socks, markers, dvd (the under 5 dollar ones), lip balm, etc.  She is 6.   Growing up we got pens, toothbrush, underwear, an orange, socks etc.

babynurse244
by Beth on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:48 PM
I've done underwear in the past, will probably do again. Toothbrushes are a great idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bleumonster
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:52 PM

For both: sugar free gum and mints, gloves, chapstick and a small pack of candy (well it is Christmas after all). For my 10 y/o son: a toy that he likes. For my 14 y/o daughter: small bottles of bath and body works lotion and spray. I may have to get one more thing for my son as they do count whats in their stocking LOL.

aetrom
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:53 PM
We have small toys... I never have put candy in stockings not did I ever receive candy.... This year we have monster trucks, cars, trash pack, sone tops, etc...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:54 PM
My 5 year old son got things like glitter glue, erasers, a kind bar (he loves them and they have honey but no sugar), tape, etc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kylenkodysmom
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Batteries. Because it never fails that they need them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auggirl11
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM

flash cards?

huskermom98
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:56 PM

If I remember to buy one I put an orange in (comes from a book my oldest loves to read...), otherwise I put in books, little toys, hot chocolate mix, and a few pieces of candy.  I think I sometimes put their ornament in...don't always remember year to year!

K8WillBLast
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:48 PM

My kids range from 10 months to 13 years so it just depends!  I have a variety of things to buy for each of their stockings.

jaytee
by Jen on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Toothbrushes, jewelry, flash cards, bouncy balls, glow sticks, LPS, mini Lalaloopsey, gift cards
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN