Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
Does anyone have ideas on what to get a teacher for the holidays? My son is in kindergarten, his teacher is a woman. I don't really know too much about her,but would like to get her something.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:22 AM
Replies (11-20):
double2trouble
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I gave the teachers last year KIDS hand sanitizer and an ornament. I hate the hand sanitizer that they use as it has alcohol in it and can give kids second and third degree burns on their hands if it is not washed off right away so I bought kid safe sanitizer. I also have given another bottle of lysol wipes. Supplies they use everyday so it is easier on them.

poshkat
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:57 PM
A box of chocolates.
bellasmom32510
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:41 PM

As a kindergarten teacher while I would appreciate classroom supplies I have always liked the stuff that was for me, not the classroom. Maybe selfish, we do spend a lot of money on purchasing things for the kids and making sure they have what they need often putting our own wants aside for those needs so something that I could use on myself is always nice. I don't ever expect anything from my students, I would love a gift card and I love candles so those things are very thoughtful as you are acknowledging that they aren't just a teacher but a person outside of school as well. =)  You all sound like wonderful and thoughtful parents though. Your children's teachers are lucky that you are thinking of them.

smushy79
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:44 PM
I'm doing a bath and body works cream and a Starbucks giftcard.
mummyloveu
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:45 PM

We usually give the teacher and the buss driver a gift card for warlmart, at least everything is there as I dont know there choice and its a surprise. The bus driver is a very nice lady, she will lend each of the kids her DS pre day and will give them candies as they close for every holidyay and has been driving the bus my dd rides for the past 4 years and we will miss her as ddheads for 6th grade next year.

BlessednHappy
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM
I think I'm a gift card.
DolphinFan85
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:53 PM

my daughter is in pre-k.......

her teaacher is getting a wall hanger that says "best teacher 2012" and some chocolates that we are making

asst. teachers 1...is getting a reuseable tumbler that says "teachers are great" and some chocolates

asst. teacher 2...is getting a heart necklace that says "#1 teacher" and chocolates

steelcage
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I have NO idea. I have 4 teachers to buy for.

meparty
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:56 PM

big ole box of Lot of gold" is what we get each teacher.  Chocolate is always a hit.

gcstar42
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I always get something like an ornament or a candle or something that is typically appreciated/used by pretty much anyone. We got my sons teacher an ornament last year and this year she as it hanging on her class christmas tree along with other ornaments that have been given to her from students over the years she has been teaching.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)