Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

When do you....?

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:57 AM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
Just wondering when you ladies start your holiday baking... I have tons of sausage balls, cookies, brownies and party mix to make and was going to wait until the weekend before Christmas but I'm not do sure...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janitablue
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I never have time to bake I am usually working on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. 

natesmom1228
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I will start tonight making the doughs. I will bake off 2 a day and make 2 more doughs. I will end up with 15 - 20 different kinds of cookies by time Christmas week rolls around. I give them away. I need to get them done since my Christmas party for work is this Thursday.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:07 AM
I usually start my baking in early Dec. anything that can be made ahead of time is done that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM
The first week of December. I have made caramels, buckeyes, some bark and fudge already. Tonight I will begin making cookie doughs and putting in freezer, then next week bake them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Usually 2 or 3 days before

gracie0221
by Gracie on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I don't bake any sweets. dh does sometimes. I'm more into figuring out what I'm going to make for my big xmas dinner

corrinacs
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Not cooking quite like that for Christmas :).  We made oru gingerbred men over the weekend.

TroyboysMom
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:07 PM

We'll be starting this weekend.

calsmom62
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Usually I do it mid month. This yr celebration is just us, so making cookies for the tree and just a few other things if people call....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:39 PM

i do it whenever i feel like it.  Typically the weekend or week before and freeze what I Have made until i need it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)