Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Christmas dinner...

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:34 PM
  • 24 Replies
Are any of you ladies thinking about menu choices for Christmas dinner yet??

We will be at my inlaws on Christmas Eve and my parents on Christmas Day but I'm going to cook at home on the 23rd!

Just wondering how everyone's menu will look!

I'm doing ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, Mac and cheese, corn, deviled eggs and rolls and maybe a dessert of some sort!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maass1981
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I just found out that we will have Christmas day with nowhere to go, so i guess i should start planning.  Usually we go to my gma's house, but she is having it early.

1hotmama87
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:53 PM

I am still trying to figure it out. I have thrown a few ideas at DH but haven't come up with anything yet.

ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:01 PM

We're going to be 1,000+ miles away from home in a RV, so we're doing Rachlette.  I just have to pack up the machine, and hit a grocery store in TX. 

Barabell
by Barbara on Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I know we're having at least a ham, potatoes, cherry pie, and possibly pumpkin pie. Probably deviled eggs too.

My husband does the cooking for Christmas, and so he probably has a better idea of the menu than I do.

JonesMama
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM

ham, cheddar mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls...and whatever else. We're going to my aunt's, I remember we are bringing the ham and green bean casserole and I can't remember what else is on the menu. I know I'm supposed to bring a candy cane pie, too (that I was going to order from my son's school Market Day fundraiser but forgot to, oops)

Buggy979
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:19 PM
We always do prime rib, Alaskan king crab, double stuffed potatoes and salad for Christmas dinner.....
Christmas eve it is a tradition to go out for Chinese.. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TroyboysMom
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:25 PM

We're having prime rib, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn on the cob, homemade rolls, salad, green bean casserole (done our way, no cream of mushroom soup in our version), with pumpkin, apple, and peach pies for dessert.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:38 PM

We do a mini-Thanksgiving dinner: Turkey breast, Stove Top, mashed potatoes, and usually only 1 veggie.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:39 PM

I've never heard of that. What is it?

Quoting ddhb2007:

We're going to be 1,000+ miles away from home in a RV, so we're doing Rachlette.  I just have to pack up the machine, and hit a grocery store in TX. 

ambermarie2006
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:41 PM
My kids go to their dads at noon on Christmas day so its just DH and me. We wont do a big dinner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN