Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Crafts for teachers xmas gifts?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:57 AM
  • 11 Replies

We don't have a lot of money, so I was thinking of having the kids make their teachers a present.

Like a tissue paper wreath or popsicle sticks reindeer ornaments.

What do you think?

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:00 AM

BUMP!

HollyBoBolly
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I'm all for homemade gifts, I think that they show more thought.  But I often find that by the time I purchase everything to make the item, I've spent a lot.  I could have just bought each teacher a $5.00 starbucks card.  Which is usually what we do.

hollinicole
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM
This year I have be given 2 gifts, one was a jar of candy and fuzzy socks and the other 2 Christmas hand rags. Any thing that is given is sweet and we love because they are from our kids. Something as simple as a picture frame or pens are nice even had a mom make use hot coco bags so yes let them make something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HollyBoBolly
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Off-topic, but your screenname is my name and my best friend's name combined.  Cute.

Quoting hollinicole:

This year I have be given 2 gifts, one was a jar of candy and fuzzy socks and the other 2 Christmas hand rags. Any thing that is given is sweet and we love because they are from our kids. Something as simple as a picture frame or pens are nice even had a mom make use hot coco bags so yes let them make something.

hollinicole
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Haha yours is my nick name from my grandma hollibolly!

Quoting HollyBoBolly:

Off-topic, but your screenname is my name and my best friend's name combined.  Cute.

Quoting hollinicole:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HollyBoBolly
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:04 AM

It was mine growing up too.  I now call my son CollinBoBollin. 

Quoting hollinicole:

Haha yours is my nick name from my grandma hollibolly!

Quoting HollyBoBolly:

Quoting hollinicole:

natesmom1228
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Sounds good. I give the teachers a gift card for Tim Hortons and a hand written card for the kiddo.

frzmamaof4
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I think homemade gifts are always more thoughtful!

CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I do not like homemade crafts or cards from kids, even my own.  I know I'm in the minority but that is how I feel.

daiseymae2
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:34 PM

We are making apple sauce ornaments.

http://factorydirectcraft.com/factorydirectcraft_blog/cinnamon-applesauce-ornaments-cookie-cutters/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN