Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Learning tricks

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM
  • 2 Replies

the B and D post had me thinking about other little tips that help kids learn I remember my bff had a trick she did with her hands that would help her remember multiples of 9 I cant remember it now but I was wondering if any of you had any cute learning tricks to help the kids

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
snowflake01
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:57 PM

My son was having a hard time with his sight words. I found snap words..... he now knows 60 in one month!

Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:01 PM

We use the 9 rule all the time. It works that you put up all 10 fingers. If the problem is 9*4 than you put down your 4th finger (same as you would read) so before that finger you have 3 and after you have 6 so the answer is 36. Hope that helps. But you can also do the months on your knuckles. Make fists and put them next to each other. Start on the left and give each knuckle and space betwwen them a month. Do it right in a row. So Jan becomes the knuckle all the way to the left, feb follows to between the two and march is back on the next knuckle. When you reach the end all months that are on the knuckles has 31 days. The months that are between the knuckles are 30 except for feb. note: thumbs are left out of this. So it's only the 4 knuckles and 3 spaces on both hands. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)