Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I shouldnt have to sign in at the office I am here all the time and on PAC its a waste of my time to sign in"

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:10 AM
  • 51 Replies
1 mom liked this

No...that is not me saying that but another parent complianing that the principal is making all parents that are helping out in the school sign in at the office and get a badge...this mom thinks its stupid that she has to do it...ohh the rest of us should but she shouldnt.

I flat out told her that its good that the principal is "trying" to be stricter and that all the doors should be locked after the 2nd (late) bell. She responded "Sometimes my daughter (wont use names) is late and I dont want to go the office to have it recorded..."even though she has to walk past the front door to get to the door that remains unlocked.

No yes its none of my bussiness what her daughter does...BUT my son being safIER at school is important to me..it takes all of 20 seconds to sign your name, write the reason why you are there and get a vistor badge...but guess thats too much time for her...

Vent over....

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:12 AM

It never bugged me to sign in and get a sticker on way to wherever it is i am going.  I go alot to check out books for dd to read aside from her book a day.

kblpooh
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:22 AM
I never have a problem signing in. I go to lots of schools for my work and even though they know me I still sign in. At one of the schools the principal came out to meet me in parking lot when he saw me talking to a student since he had never met me. I took comfort in knowing he was looking out for his students. Also, I feels it's a safety issue for me to sign in so if God forbid there is some emergency like what happened Friday, they would know I was in the building.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Boy would she be pissy at our school. After the late bell the entire school is locked down. You have to go stand in front of a camera and be buzzed in two sets of doors. Its aggravating sometimes when you are trying to get in and the office staff is busy so they cant buzz you in right that second, but i know it makes it safer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommytoeandb
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this
We've always had to sign in and get a visitor or volunteer sticker...after passing the background check.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, good grief @@  I've been in and out of our elem school so many times since ds1 was in 2nd gr (8th now) that everyone except the teachers new this yr know me, and I still always sign in and get a visitor badge. If one of my kids is late, we own up to it and I sign them in as tardy. She needs to get off her pedestal.

mommaslilmen
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm just used to if you want in tge school you go through the office and sign in because all the doors stay locked.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aj23
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:43 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm at the school 2-3 times a week minimum and I've always had to sign in. It's a small school and I know almost every employee there and they all know me and who my son and niece are but other than one very rare time I've always signed in when I went to the school. The one time I didn't sign in I was going 2 doors down from the office to the cafeteria and the lady in the office watched me on the security camera the entire time.

I wouldn't care if they wanted to fingerprint me each time I went into the school, the kids are more important than anyones convenience.

WesternNYmom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Rules are rules.  She has to follow the rules set by the board of Education just like everyone else.  It doesn't bother me at all when I have to sign it when I am just dropping of goodies to my kids' classrooms, or coming into help out in a class. I also don't mind the fact that I have to sign my kids out when I pick them up from school.  I am glad that the schools have these measures in place to protect our kids.  When I was in Elementary school, the exits were left unlocked, and anyone could just walk right into the school.  There were never any measures in place to ensure that a child went home with a parent, family member or someone they knew. It was scary.  In our district, parents have to supply a contact list to the district for each child they enroll.  The list contains the names addresses and phone numbers of people that the parents designate to pick up their child in case the parent or parents are unavailable.  If you are not on the list, the school cannot release the child to you without written or verbal permission by the parents.  This rule doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I support it 100%.

natesmom1228
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Holy crap she would hate our school. You have to sign in twice. Once when you first walk in the school with the security guard and another time in the office. I am completely fine with it. I can't imagine anyone having an issue with it, but all people are different.

Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:04 AM

See I am fine with it too...I just needed a vent...certain parents are really angry about this "new" mesure...its not new just being inforced now more...makes me feel safier! But certain parents think that they are above that! Any ways I just needed a vent!

The office staff will be enforcing it and she will just have to get over it...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)