Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick days

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:02 PM
  • 23 Replies

My 6y/o stayed home today but it wasn't b/c she was sick it was b/c I caught the flu bug. I called the bus garage to tell them that Madyson would be riding the bus (I normally drive her). Well they didn't stop to pick her up even though we was outside. Today is the last day before Christmas break but dh's pissed at me b/c I didn't take her to school. I couldn't stand up this morning without seeing stars & feeling light headed. Has your child ever stayed home over something like this? --Dh couldn't take her b/c he went to work at 5am.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
La_Vie_en_R0se
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:04 PM
I don't see it as a big deal, unless she is upset that she misses a celebration at school. I would be complaining to the bus company though.
jen113000
by Jenna on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:04 PM
It hasn't happened here. My son has only missed for him being sick. Hope you feel better soon!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM

It happens. I wouldn't worry about it unless she has already missed a lot of school.

When ds1 was in 4th gr (so, 4 yrs ago), I got hit hard w/ a stomach bug. I called him in sick and kept him home to help me take care of his younger brother and sister (4 and 2 at the time).

Barabell
by Barbara on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Here, they won't add a stop at last minute. It usually takes two weeks to add or remove a new stop.

If the snow and ice on the roads is so bad that the bus doesn't show up after 40 minutes, my husband will usually keep my son home from school. I figure it's safer that way, and so it doesn't bother me. It only happens once or twice a year--if that.

frndlyfn
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I would have done same thing if i were in your shoes.   Today is last day of school and report cards come home.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:57 PM
I would have called friends or family, to run her to school, or even see if DH could leave work for a few to take her.

I'm having a sick day myself. Really nasty body aches, fever, head cold. We homeschool so the kids are working independently today. I told them if ifall asleep, ask your 14 yo bro for help. If he can't, then wake me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmeredith
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Quoting La_Vie_en_R0se:

I don't see it as a big deal, unless she is upset that she misses a celebration at school. I would be complaining to the bus company though.
They had movie/pj day yesterday. Today was just a normal school day. I called the bus garage they said I never called.
mmeredith
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Thanks!! I was hoping we could skip being sick this year. I have been disinfecting everything, making sure everyone is always washing hands etc. Guess it just wasn't enough.

Quoting jen113000:

It hasn't happened here. My son has only missed for him being sick. Hope you feel better soon!

cjsbmom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:20 PM

It's not a big deal. Tell your DH to relax. It's not safe for you to be driving if you were that sick. Would he rather your daughter be safe, or insist she go to school no matter what?

mmeredith
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:22 PM

No this is her 1st day of missing. That's sweet he helped with his siblings. My youngest dd was excited that her big sis was able to stay home and play today. They are 17 months apart and love being together it was fun for them.

Quoting wakym

It happens. I wouldn't worry about it unless she has already missed a lot of school.

When ds1 was in 4th gr (so, 4 yrs ago), I got hit hard w/ a stomach bug. I called him in sick and kept him home to help me take care of his younger brother and sister (4 and 2 at the time).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)