• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wwyd

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:58 PM
  • 19 Replies
when i picked up ds there was a girl across the street that couldnt have been more than 15 months old. there was no adult around and she was nearing a street. i jumped out of the passenger seat of my car and ran to her. i took her back from the direction she came from. two houses down a man came running out frantic. he thanked me and took her back inside. i just dont know if i did the right thing. what do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Boys9501
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Why do you think you didn't do the right thing? You probably saved her life.

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:05 PM

apparently if the man came running and thanked you, it doesnt take a hell of a lot of common sense to say it was the right thing... you really need to ask?

mommy06and09
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:09 PM
i guess i just wonder how safe she is in a house that lets her get out and not notice til she walked 2 houses away. dont get me wrong. i know things happen. i have 3 kids and they have gotten out by themselves, but they havent gotten 2 feet out the door before i noticed and was out the door after them.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

apparently if the man came running and thanked you, it doesnt take a hell of a lot of common sense to say it was the right thing... you really need to ask?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazedMomof2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Scary. Glad you saw her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM
I would have called 911 after getting to the girl. That way you could have been sure that she was really safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Yes you did the right thing. That little one could have been killed. Unfortunally kids wander off sometimes. Good for you for helping her.

frndlyfn
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I would just keep an eye out for her in the future.  Perhaps the man was doing some fix it work in the home and didnt see her get out of house.

Pukalani79
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:15 PM

When my daughter was 2 she got out of a fenced back yard.  She had been playing with some older kids and slipped through the narrow hole in between the fence and house.  I had turned my back for only a few min.   By the time we found her, she had gone three blocks and was with another family.  A year later, she and her little sister slipped out of the house, down the stairs, across the back lawn, over a small creek to the church playground behind the apartment complex.  I thought they were napping while I was in another room packing.  By the time I found them, the police had already arrived.  Six months after that, while I was doing dishes, she escaped a locked house by crawling through the doggy door.  She is a wanderer.  While she was in school, one time she "disappeared" from the school, (she had crouched down on a bus seat and fallen asleep).  Another time she decided to not come home and climbed in the backseat of her best friend's car.  Some kids are just wanderers.

Quoting mommy06and09: 

i guess i just wonder how safe she is in a house that lets her get out and not notice til she walked 2 houses away. dont get me wrong. i know things happen. i have 3 kids and they have gotten out by themselves, but they havent gotten 2 feet out the door before i noticed and was out the door after them.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

janitablue
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:29 PM

God bless you I would have had a heart attack.............

Quoting Pukalani79:

When my daughter was 2 she got out of a fenced back yard.  She had been playing with some older kids and slipped through the narrow hole in between the fence and house.  I had turned my back for only a few min.   By the time we found her, she had gone three blocks and was with another family.  A year later, she and her little sister slipped out of the house, down the stairs, across the back lawn, over a small creek to the church playground behind the apartment complex.  I thought they were napping while I was in another room packing.  By the time I found them, the police had already arrived.  Six months after that, while I was doing dishes, she escaped a locked house by crawling through the doggy door.  She is a wanderer.  While she was in school, one time she "disappeared" from the school, (she had crouched down on a bus seat and fallen asleep).  Another time she decided to not come home and climbed in the backseat of her best friend's car.  Some kids are just wanderers.

Quoting mommy06and09: 

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

Idntreallycare
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM
I think you did the right thing. For all you know he was using the bathroom and she escaped. Even babies can get pretty far pretty quickly sometimes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)