Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Share Your Solutions: Kid refuses breakfast

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:48 PM
  • 25 Replies

We've all heard how important breakfast is, but what do you do when your kid refuses to eat it?

Share your solutions below for making sure your child has something to eat in the morning.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janitablue
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I never had the problem . My son and I look at the school menu if there is something he does not like I usually make him breakfast before we go to school.

kksmomma1019
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I try to not get them into a rut. I usually give them at least two options. They can pick which fruit they want and an add on: oatmeal, yogurt, toast, cereal, smoothie. Sometimes I make different things ahead of time for the week so it's not rushed...breakfast burritos, egg mcmuffins, etc. We sit at the table together just like dinner time, I love starting the day like that with them.

frndlyfn
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:46 PM

We frequently do leftovers like soup or mac n cheese for breakfast.   Foods do not have specific meals they can only be served at.  We enforce at least a cup of cheerios if nothing else with a glass of milk.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:59 PM
He can eat school breakfast. If he refuses that as well he will go hungry

I'm not strict about what he eats, I make muffins, cereal, yogurts, toast, pb sandwiches..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:04 PM
One of my kids generally doesn't like to eat early in the morning so he eats a bigger lunch. But we have cheese sticks, cereal, bagels , toast, Waffles. Tea biscuits and .milk, fruit, POP tarts (yeah, I know, not real food)....and chicken strips. Weird but the older kid likes those.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chinosruca
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM
I hate eating breakfast. It does not make me think better or give me more energy. My kids do eat breakfast, but I don't force them if and when they don't want it.

Maybe (if you really need an idea) try fruit and yogurt smoothies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda52007
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:15 PM
I'm not strict on breakfast.

We usually have the options of: strawberry toast, cereal, oatmeal, grits, eggs, etc. Usually with a side of fruit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soymujer
by Mikki on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Smoothies are healthy and quick and even my pickiest eater will drink one.  We usually keep cereal, oatmeal and fruit on hand.

family in the van   Mom of four

coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:28 AM
DD hates eating when she wakes up so I don't force her. So far it hasn't been an issue for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maidjillian
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:57 AM

He likes frozen waffles and milk.  Getting him to eat so early is near impossible.  I put on the news when he wakes up.  When he starts eating I'll change it to Disney Jr.  If he doesn't eat, it stays on the news.  I can usually get him to eat a little bit.  He will drink all his milk.  Whatever part of the waffle he doesn't eat gets put in a baggie and is eaten on the way to school.  Some days are better than others.  :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)