Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

??QOTD?? 12/20/12

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:41 AM
  • 21 Replies

It's National Re-Gifting Day!

Do you regift? If so, what? Have you ever received a "re-gifted" present?

~~CINDY

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:09 AM
I do if its something my family wont use. It usually goes to some kind of charity since I dont like to keep things we dont need or use lying about.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:18 AM

I have regifted. Once it was a wedding gift we had gotten 2 other identical ones of. The other times, it's been toys my kids didn't use anymore, and I asked my bff if her ds would want them; regifted w/ her approval : )

jen113000
by Jenna on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Just once. No idea if I've ever received a really gifted gift
angelyuna20
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:51 AM

I've regifted a couple times, mostly stuff given to the kids. DS often gets clothes that are too small cause he's tall for his age and nobody will ask me what size he wears. I've recieved regifted things from a couple people, like my friend Hannah gave me a candle set that she said came from her now ex-husbands sister.

jaytee
by Jen on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:55 AM
I have regifted. I know I've received regifted items
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RatherBeReading
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I have never regifted, but am not opposed to it if the person will actually love the item.

I once got a used candle in a Secret Santa thing at work. I did not realize it was used until a little later, when I went to use it and saw it had already been burned some. It was from a 17 year old guy on his first job, so I never said anything, and it was blackberry, one of my favorite scents, so it wasn't totally a bum deal, lol. 

ETA: I have been regifted too...I was pregnant when a couple of my friends were pregnant too. We were all having girls. The first one got a surprise boy instead, and she regifted all the girl items she had bought/got at baby shower and could not return between our other friend and me. That was a great regifting!

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:16 AM
I re-gift gift cards I don't want.

The only gifts I re-gifted were at a White Elephant, Secret Santa, or some other type of gift exchange party.

Not sure if I ever received a re-gifted gift.
diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:22 AM
I just read the previous posts, and angelyuna20's answer about re-gifting kids gifts. I re-gift my boys gifts sometimes, if they get something that doesn't fit, or they don't care for I re-gift it.
natesmom1228
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:39 AM

No I don't.

Strega
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I have regifted before, but it's very rare. I think the last thing was a Frame that I wasn't ever going to use.

I'm not sure if I've ever received a regifted thing, but I don't think I'd really notice if it was.

Daisypath - (oQoi)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)