Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I sent DS?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:49 AM
  • 7 Replies
I have sent my son to school all week(kindergarten) and tomorrow is pj day and I'm guessing nothing but coloring and fun. I am going in at 10 to help decorate gingerbread men with his class and he has his gift for his teacher and bus driver. I had every intention of sending him to school even with all this end of the world shit but now I'm not sure!!
My mom lives a town over and told me she was scared to send my brother to school(a jr in high school) because he told her kids were talking about a rumored shooting at his school tomorrow. Chances are its bullshit but you never know. THEN I was reading Facebook and my towns police department has a Facebook. (I think it's great! They tell us about suspected B&E missing people car break ins) anyways they said they had two possible shooting threats for tomorrow one coming from where my mom lives. They said both were found "unreliable" threats and not to worry.
So like any mother I'm worrying how do you k ow they aren't real threats? (I'm guessing they aren't but how so they know?!?) so I called the PD and asked them what extra procautions they are making tomorrow to ensure there is know issues and he said "call the school!" Like I was bothering him with such silly questions!!

What do I do?!? I don't want to live in fear!! This isn't something I want to be worrying about
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Go with your gut on this one. It's your child and your choice. There are a ton of rumors flying around about tomorrow. And most are just that a rumor.

endurablemist
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:47 AM
I'm hoping when people wake up and see the world didnt end, they will stop being crazy. We haven't had any tgreats so my DD will be going to school, and unfortunately I will be going to work, in a grocery store. Yippie!
luvmybug
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 5:00 AM

I would say its your choice. My dd is going to school. But there haven't been any threats.

Debby29681
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 6:54 AM
Absolutely go with your gut. It's just one day and they won't miss any academics. Make it a fun home day. Bake cookies, jammy day, etc
steph21078
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:27 AM

We have rcvd phone calls and emails about possible threats in our town too,  They seem to be everywhere for today.   My boys went to school this morning.  I was going to keep them home but they wanted to go and Elementary school is early dismissal anyway

WonderWomanSV
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:50 AM

I was lucky, yesterday, Dec 20th was ds's last day. But I too would worry about the lunatics out there. You never know how people will react on a day like this.

Go with your gut feeling.

kdgord
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:58 AM
One of the local high schools had rumors about a shooting planned for today. Those started over the weekend and no real threats have been found, just the rumors. My boys are going to school today. If they were at the high school they would be staying home but sincre they don't they are going.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)