Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Did I accidentally make a tacky choice in gift for teacher? Re thinking.

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:23 PM
  • 23 Replies

I was stocking up on my cookie tins candy boxes for the adults in my life and figured I'd grab one more tin of danish cookies for my daughter to take to her 6th grade teacher. I stuck a bow on it, a tag that read my DDs name and "happy holidays". After reading a website though, I read that teachers don't want useless gifts but that it's more meaninful to get them supplies or a hand made card from their student. Oops. 

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

who wouldn't lik cookies?

LilyBeansMom
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:39 PM
I'm sure it's just fine! This is definitely a situation where the thought counts for more than anything else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Purple_princess
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I just went to the store yesterday to get cookie tins for the teachers. After the kids get home, we are making their teachers chocolate chip cookies. We do this every year.

JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:55 PM
I bought a large reusable plastic basket and filled it with fruits and veggies for my dd teachers. I figured food would be a good choice and since i saw atleast four sweets baskets I went for the healthier stuff they added to their likes list in the beginning of the year. They loved it and I am sure your teacher will love yours too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SahmTam
by Tammy on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Your daughter's teacher will probably get plenty of schoolroom supplies, but glue sticks aren't as tasty as cookies, so I'm betting her teacher will appreciate your gift! ;-)

jaytee
by Jen on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:07 PM
2 moms liked this
It's the thought that counts! Besides cookies are yummy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Quoting jaytee:

It's the thought that counts! Besides cookies are yummy.

Just what I was going to say!

Rbrown72707
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:55 PM
3 moms liked this

Cookies are NEVER useless!  I'm a teacher and got cookies today as a gift.  Guess what?  They're gone!  My tummy hurts, but it was sooooo great!  I love those Danish cookies too.  Merry Christmas and Screw weight watchers for the week:)  

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Cookies are useful!  I think the gifts they are talking about are the #1 teacher nick nacks that sit around collecting dust and teachers have a million of.

soymujer
by Mikki on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I prefer the cookies than the supplies!

family in the van   Mom of four

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN