Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will your kids be staying up late?

Are your kids going to stay up until midnight on New Years Eve?

happy new year

by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Replies (51-60):
calsmom62
by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 9:41 PM
They better fall asleep quick!!! Im drinking coffee trying to stay up..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 10:22 PM

We let them try. Ds1 usually makes it, ds2 and dd made it last yr.

TroyboysMom
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 2:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Sort of. He's allowed to stay up until midnight EST. We're in California, so it's really only until 9.

calsmom62
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Haha. Every year my kids have tried to stay up. Every year they are asleep by nine.

Quoting supermomz25:

my 12 year old can barely make it until 9pm

my almost 11 year old daughter could make it until midnight

my 4 year old son wouldn't make it passed 10pm

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 9:46 AM

My 14 year old will definitely be up.  My 7 year old will be on the couch, whether she's awake or not remains to be seen.  Last year she was awake, the year before she fell asleep about 5 minutes before 12, the year before that she was awake.  DH is working but when he's home, he goes to bed at  his usual time around 10ish.  I will be up.

Karen_S
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 2:46 PM

We do this too!  They always show the big countdown and ball drop at NY times square, and then we toast with grape juice. It makes us feed like we've celebrated, but DD (she's 5) is in bed by 9:30.

Quoting TroyboysMom:

Sort of. He's allowed to stay up until midnight EST. We're in California, so it's really only until 9.

TroyboysMom
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 4:17 PM

That's basically what we do. Ds is a kid who really NEEDS his sleep, so this way he's only an hour late to bed, instead of four.

Quoting Karen_S:

We do this too!  They always show the big countdown and ball drop at NY times square, and then we toast with grape juice. It makes us feed like we've celebrated, but DD (she's 5) is in bed by 9:30.

Quoting TroyboysMom:

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Dec. 25, 2012 at 6:25 PM
yes,1 year old may not it thought,
soymujer
by Mikki on Dec. 25, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Oldest will as he and I will be going on a "date" since hubby ended upworking and we had already bought tickets.  Daughter would like to and will try as will the other two

family in the van   Mom of four

sunniday4u
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:58 AM

That's kind of a yes and no question.  The 17 year old will but the 5 year old twins will go to bed at 8pm as usual.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)