Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will your kids be staying up late?

Are your kids going to stay up until midnight on New Years Eve?

happy new year

by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Replies (61-70):
susan_marie
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a fun tradition in my house. We have the kids invite friends for a sleep over, I make a whole bunch of toast, and at midnight we run all over having a massive toast fight. Toast is flying everywhere! Sooooo much fun.

Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Mine will probably make it

bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Yeah she always does

wishbearmom
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I haven't in the past, but I'm hoping this year to take my youngest DD (age 9) to "First Night," an alcohol free, family-friendly arts/culture event in our city's downtown core. There are bands of various genres, plays, art displays, ice skating, a bon fire at the downtown park, an ice sculpture and fireworks at midnight.

huskermom98
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:35 PM

No because we don't stay up either...just don't get excited about NYE.

mom2threebbz
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:36 PM

my two younger kids ages 10 and 8 are having a sleep over at their friends' house and they are having a little New Years Eve party. My oldest who is 11 is having a friend over and they will most likely stay up.

k1kelley
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I f she can keep her eyes open sure!

diaperstodating
by Angel on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:01 PM
That sounds fun! I wonder if my area has one.

Quoting wishbearmom:

I haven't in the past, but I'm hoping this year to take my youngest DD (age 9) to "First Night," an alcohol free, family-friendly arts/culture event in our city's downtown core. There are bands of various genres, plays, art displays, ice skating, a bon fire at the downtown park, an ice sculpture and fireworks at midnight.

wishbearmom
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:03 PM

It's definitely worth checking into. If you end up doing something similar, please post pics?

Quoting diaperstodating:

That sounds fun! I wonder if my area has one.

Quoting wishbearmom:

kikismom04
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:36 PM

My kids have tried in the past and usually didn't make it. This will be the 1st year to try for my 3 year old, she was to little last year. We might be having some friends over, if that happens both DD's will most likely stay up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)