Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Will your kids be staying up late?

Are your kids going to stay up until midnight on New Years Eve?

happy new year

by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Replies (61-70):
susan_marie
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a fun tradition in my house. We have the kids invite friends for a sleep over, I make a whole bunch of toast, and at midnight we run all over having a massive toast fight. Toast is flying everywhere! Sooooo much fun.

Pukalani79
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Mine will probably make it

bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Yeah she always does

wishbearmom
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I haven't in the past, but I'm hoping this year to take my youngest DD (age 9) to "First Night," an alcohol free, family-friendly arts/culture event in our city's downtown core. There are bands of various genres, plays, art displays, ice skating, a bon fire at the downtown park, an ice sculpture and fireworks at midnight.

huskermom98
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:35 PM

No because we don't stay up either...just don't get excited about NYE.

mom2threebbz
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:36 PM

my two younger kids ages 10 and 8 are having a sleep over at their friends' house and they are having a little New Years Eve party. My oldest who is 11 is having a friend over and they will most likely stay up.

k1kelley
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I f she can keep her eyes open sure!

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:01 PM
That sounds fun! I wonder if my area has one.

Quoting wishbearmom:

I haven't in the past, but I'm hoping this year to take my youngest DD (age 9) to "First Night," an alcohol free, family-friendly arts/culture event in our city's downtown core. There are bands of various genres, plays, art displays, ice skating, a bon fire at the downtown park, an ice sculpture and fireworks at midnight.

wishbearmom
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:03 PM

It's definitely worth checking into. If you end up doing something similar, please post pics?

Quoting diaperstodating:

That sounds fun! I wonder if my area has one.

Quoting wishbearmom:

kikismom04
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:36 PM

My kids have tried in the past and usually didn't make it. This will be the 1st year to try for my 3 year old, she was to little last year. We might be having some friends over, if that happens both DD's will most likely stay up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)